Are ramen noodles a staple in your house? They are here!! My kids like to eat them with a little butter and the seasoning packet. I must admit I even find them yummy! Well this Orange Almond Cherry Ramen Noodle Salad is the cat’s meow. I know what you are thinking …can’t be eating all those carbs. Well that is why I am balancing it with some fresh fruit and veggies. That way you can get your vitamins and fiber.
I love this beautiful salad. Orange Almond Cherry Ramen Noodle Salad combines oranges, almonds, dried cherries, ramen noodles, red pepper and cabbage dressed with a tangy sweet mustard vinaigrette. You can use prepackaged coleslaw to speed up the prep time. You can have this on the table in a few minutes. It is perfect for lunch or a light dinner.
The flavors meld together so well and you will love the dried cherries!! If you have trouble finding dried cherries you can substitute dried cranberries. They are a good second choice. Put this on your list this week and let me know what you think! I love to hear from you!
Orange Almond Cherry Ramen Noodle Salad
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce bag) classic coleslaw
- 1 package ramen noodles (uncooked) broken you can throw away the seasoning
- 3 mandarin oranges peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 red pepper seeded vein removed and diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets diced
- Combine vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk in olive oil slowly to combine.
- In large salad bowl combine coleslaw, ramen noodles, oranges, almonds, cherries, red pepper and broccoli. Toss gently with dressing.
You can break the ramen noodles up right inside the package.
Other delicious salad recipes you will love!!
Cobb Wedge Salad