I love overnight egg casseroles. It is so nice to have something that smells wonderful baking in the morning while you are rushing around getting your chores done. Somehow it motivates me and keeps me moving. This one is real easy and tastes wonderful. Today I baked it for my office friends. Just so you know the pictures of this casserole are for a double recipe.
Place the croutons in a casserole dish sprayed with non stick spray….just to make it a little easier for cleaning. Be sure to use seasoned croutons.
Cook the. bacon until nice and crispy, drain on paper towels and chop it up. Though not too small as you want to be able to see it and taste it. Leave one tablespoon of bacon grease in pan and remove from heat. You will back to it in just a few minutes.
Grate the white cheddar cheese and the Gruyere cheese. I love cheese. Cheese goes with everything and I mean everything!
Mix eggs, milk, heavy cream, parsley and mustard in a large bowl and mix with a whisk. If you doubled the recipe it is going to require some muscle!
Saute the red pepper and broccoli in the same pan that you cooked the bacon in. Remember the one you left on the stove with a tablespoon of bacon grease. Cook on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool while you push on. Stay calm and make the casserole!
Put the grated cheese on top of the croutons and pour the egg mixture on top. Be sure to mix the cheeses as you put them in the dish.
Add the red peppers and broccoli and lightly press into the egg mixture.
Add that wonderful bacon. Everything goes with bacon too…especially cheese. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator overnight. Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes
Doesn’t this look wonderful. Enjoy! I know my office will love it! Yummy!Print
Cheesy Overnight Egg Casserole
If you’re looking for an easy weekend brunch, this cheesy overnight egg casserole is the perfect solution! Tender broccoli and red peppers combined with creamy cheese, crispy bacon, and eggs makes this casserole a satisfying breakfast.
- Prep Time: 15 mintues
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 53 minute
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 3 cups well seasoned croutons
- 1 1/4 cups white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 6 extra large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried mustard
- 1/2 red pepper finely diced
- 1 cup broccoli coarsely chopped
- Place the croutons in a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish sprayed with non stick spray.
- Cook the. bacon until nice and crispy, drain on paper towels and chop it up. Leave one tablespoon of bacon grease in pan and remove from heat.
- Combine eggs, milk, heavy cream, parsley and mustard in a large bowl and mix with a whisk.
- Saute the red pepper and broccoli in the same pan that you cooked the bacon in for about 3-4 minutes.
- Put the grated cheese on top of the croutons and pour the egg mixture on top. Be sure to mix both the cheeses as you put them in the dish. Add the red peppers and broccoli and lightly press into the egg mixture. Add the bacon to the top of the casserole. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- The recipe as pictured was doubled for the office.
Keywords: overnight egg casserole, egg casserole, bacon and vegetable egg casserole, overnight eggs