I set out today to recreate one of my husbands favorite dishes from Macaroni Grill. All the Macaroni Grills around here have closed. The restaurant business is a hard one to make it in. It is a hard nut to crack!
This delightful pasta is easy to whip together and so scrumptious. It has a mushroom sun-dried tomato basil cream sauce to die for! I marinate my chicken and then grill it …but not too long or you will dry it out. Chicken does not take long at all.
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise to create 4 thinner chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package of white button mushrooms sliced
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes drained of oil and cut julienne style
- 1 1/2 cups half n half
- 2/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 8 ounces of uncooked bowtie noodles or noodle of choice
- Marinate chicken in Italian dressing for 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to directions on box. Drain and set aside.
- Heat grill and cook chicken over medium flame for 4 minutes each side. Remove from grill; plate and cover to keep warm.
- In medium skillet melt butter. Add onions and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are golden brown. Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes; cook for 2 minutes. In small bowl whisk together half n half, Parmesan and fresh basil. Add to mushroom mixture. Bring to a simmer ; stirring to combine. Cook 2-3 minutes. Slice chicken in strips. Add chicken and pasta to mushroom cream mixture and serve immediately.