What a delicious breakfast treat. Easy to prepare, smells fantastic, and quick clean up!
I just love pizza and there could be so many variations and creations from this!
You could include mozzarella balls, fresh tomatoes and black olives. You could exchange the pepperoni & bacon for ham & pineapple. You could add chicken sausage & roasted red peppers. There are endless combinations of delicious tasty tantalizing tastebud teasers. Try saying that ten times fast with pizza frittata in your mouth.Print
- 1/2 green pepper finely diced
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 3 large button mushroom sliced
- 3 large eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup milk
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup provel ropes or fresh grated provolone
- 12 –15 pepperoni slices
- 3 pieces crispy cooked bacon chopped
- marinara sauce
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute the pepper, onion and mushrooms in a little olive oil until the mushrooms are lightly browned. Remove from heat and allow to cool a bit.
- Mix eggs, egg whites, milk, basil, oregano, parsley and a few twists of your pepper mill. Pour over the veggies in the pan. Cover the handle of your pan with aluminum foil if it is not ovenproof. Place in preheated oven. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Do not turn off the oven. Sprinkle with combination of the cheeses. Spread the pepperoni and the bacon on the top. Place back in oven in for 5 minutes. For the last minute of cooking time switch the oven over to broil. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 3-5 minutes before slicing.
- May be served with warm marinara but it is also delicious plain.