Sometimes life calls for comfort food. Pigs in blankets are true comfort food. Now add a little mozzarella and a piece of pepperoni and all is right with the world. Prepped and cooked in just a few minutes these are great for an appetizer, lunch, unexpected guests, and kids parties.
They can fit the bill for all kinds of occasions both big and small!
Cut the crescent rolls in 1/2 or 1/3’s lengthwise!
You can serve them with marinara, honey mustard or chipotle ketchup. Wear what you dig and enjoy your dogs!Print
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- 1 package little smokies
- Pepperoni slices
- Sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut crescent rolls in 1/2 or 1/3’s. Add 1 small triangle of mozzarella to large end of triangle. Wrap little smokies in a piece of pepperoni and roll from widest end to least widest end.
- Continue until all smokies are gone. Place seam side down on cookie sheet.
- Beat egg and milk to create egg wash. Brush over the crescent part of each wrapped smokie.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they brown and before too much mozzarella melts out.
- The numbers work better if you do some of the crescent rolls in 1/2 and some in 1/3’s.