This is the season for lots of great fresh veggies, pasta salads and light vinaigrette recipes. It is hard to go wrong with such a great triple play. Have you tried any of my other delectable pasta salads like Easy Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad, Bacon Egg Lettuce Tomato Pasta Salad, or my Easy Italian Pasta Salad? I am of the belief that you can never have too many great pasta salad recipes. So many great salads to choose from and so little time.
This Red Pepper Asparagus Pasta with Lemon Vinaigrette can be prepared in less than 20 minutes. You can whisk the easy Lemon Vinaigrette in the same bowl that you serve the pasta salad in. You can easily saute your asparagus and red peppers ahead of time. They can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge up to several days in advance.
This beautiful bowtie pasta salad combines fresh asparagus and red bell peppers in a slightly sweet light lemon vinaigrette topped with a light sprinkle of crushed red pepper and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
This Red Pepper Asparagus Pasta with Lemon Vinaigrette is perfect patio and summer party food. The entire dish can be prepared up to a couple days in advance. Prepare 1 1/2 times the amount of lemon vinaigrette reserving 1/3 of it for party day. Pour on just before your quests arrive and give your pasta salad a refresher.
Red Pepper Asparagus Pasta with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces uncooked bowtie pasta (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 lb fresh asparagus trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large red pepper diced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2–3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Combine lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, honey and dried basil in microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 10-15 seconds to loosen the honey. Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to box instructions; drain well.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. Add red pepper and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Combine lemon vinaigrette, pasta, asparagus and red pepper. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper and Parmesan cheese. Salt & pepper to taste.
Other recipes you will love!