This is a great salad. Very simple with lots of flavor. Spring is right around the corner (or at least I hope) so we need to start eating all those delicious veggies and fruit that are coming our way.
Put 2/3 cup of mayo in a medium mixing bowl.
Add 2/3 cup of buttermilk and 1/2 heaping teaspoon of minced garlic. I have come to find out that the jarred minced garlic is not near as good as fresh. I think I will stick with the good stuff from here on out.
Add a heaping teaspoon of dill. I luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv dill. It is yummy and makes this dressing.
Add a few shakes red wine vinegar. Make sure that whomever is helping you is wearing a very glowing green jacket. 🙂
Add a little salt and pepper.
Mix it all up and set aside. Go on take a taste. I know you want to!!
Chop some grape tomatoes in half. They have so much more flavor than the full size tomatoes in the winter months.
Wash up a big bowl of lettuce greens. I used butter lettuce and baby spinach but you work with whatever strikes your fancy.
Toss the washed sliced grape tomatoes in with the lettuce. Hello lettuce!
Throw in a hard boiled egg or two. I only had one so I rolled with it.
Sprinkle in four slices crispy chopped bacon. Hello lettuce! Hello tomatoes and egg!!
Add some cooked chicken. I used the rotisserie kind that you get from Costco. Boy do those come in handy.
Pour the wonderful dressing on top and toss.
Enjoy your lunch. I know I will.
- 2/3 cup mayo
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 heaping teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 large head of lettuce washed an torn
- 2/3 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 hard boiled eggs sliced
- 4 slices crisp bacon chopped
- 2 cups diced chicken
- Put 2/3 cup of mayo in a medium mixing bowl. Add 2/3 cup of buttermilk and 1/2 heaping teaspoon of minced garlic. Add a heaping teaspoon of dill. Add 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar. Add a little salt and pepper. Mix it all up and set aside.
- Add the washed lettuce, grape tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, bacon, and chicken to a large bowl. Pour on the dressing and toss.
- A wonderful addition to this salad is 1/3 cup crumbled bleu cheese.