When eggs are mixed with sausage, red peppers, cheddar and Swiss it is as if the stars have aligned. Breakfast is the best meal of the day! Hands down! No competition at all!
I make these in well greased ramekins because you can easily remove them and they make them look so much yummier! Feel free to make them in whatever you have available. A muffin pan would work well!
You are going to love these because they are chock full of flavor and easy to prepare!
Sausage & Pepper Egg Bake
- 1/2 lb Jimmy Dean all natural pork sausage
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper finely chopped
- 2 scallions sliced
- 1//2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup shredded swiss
- Brown sausage over medium heat in large skillet. Drain excess grease. Return to heat and add onion and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes over medium low heat. Add scallions, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 6 small ramekins with olive oil cooking spray.
- Mix eggs and milk in small bowl with whisk. Divide sausage mixture evenly in ramekins. Divide cheeses evenly over the sausage mixture. Pour egg mixture over cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Wait 5 minutes to invert.