Well fall is definitely here in the Midwest. According to the weather people we are looking at the coldest weather so far this fall coming up this weekend. Perfect time for a delicious hearty pot full of soup!! Of course if you are like me than you think than anytime is a great time for a bowl of soup. This Savory Chicken Sausage Cabbage Noodle Soup is no exception to my personal rule. I could eat this as easily in a heat wave as in a snowstorm.
I absolutely love this soup!! This Savory Chicken Sausage Cabbage Noodle Soup combines hearty chicken sausage, carrots, celery, onion, cabbage and noodles in a perfectly seasoned quick to fix soup. So a weeknight fix of this soup is not out of the question. You are going to love the ease of this soup and the delectable flavors that meld so well together!!
So give this one a whirl. Your family will be singing accolades!! Leave me a message and let me know what you think!! I love to hear from you!!
Savory Chicken Sausage Cabbage Noodle Soup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 carrots sliced in rounds
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 12 ounces chicken sausage links sliced (4 links)
- 1/2 head green cabbage chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 4–8 ounces uncooked egg noodles (I use Amish noodles)
- Heat oil in large stockpot over medium. Add onion, carrots, celery and sausage. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until fragrant. Add cabbage and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the cabbage starts to get tender. Add garlic and cook for additional minute. Add chicken broth, Cajun seasoning and cumin.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Raise heat to a low boil and add egg noodles. Cook 20-30 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Serve immediately because you don’t want your noodles to overcook.
I use Aidells chicken sausage which is just delicious but use whatever links you like.
Cajun seasoning is not too spicy when you are putting 1 tablespoon in a whole pot of soup however if it still scares you substitute 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon paprika and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
Other soup recipes you will love!!
Savory Cabbage Roll Souphttps://www.smalltownwoman.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Beth-1.pdf