These are super delicious and fun. The silly kids asked me why I was putting frosting on meatloaf. Seriously? My daughter even helped peel the potatoes. Kids can be clueless!
Put a pot of peeled cut potatoes on the stove because we need some mashed potatoes.
Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, onion, marinara sauce, granulated garlic, black pepper, parsley, and onion powder in a big bad bowl. Mix until well combined.
Press the hamburger mixture into a standard sized cupcake pan that has been coated with nonstick spray.
Combine 1/4 cup ketchup and 1/4 cup BBQ sauce in a small bowl. Spread the sauce over the meatloaf and put into a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
Chop up 1/4 of a green pepper and chop up 1/4 of a red pepper. They must be really finely chopped….so when you think they are small enough do it again.
Allow the meatloaves to cool for about ten minutes. Remove from pan and place on separate plate. You will notice that I only removed some of them. The sun is going down and all great food pictures are taken in natural light so I am trying to work fast.
Saute those teeny weeny tiny peppers for about 3-4 minutes in a little olive oil.
When potatoes are done drain the water being sure to get off all the excess. Add the butter, salt and pepper. Add the whipping cream and chicken broth to the saucepan a little at a time while mashing the potatoes with a mix-master or stand mixer. You will want a stiff consistency yet make sure to work it up pretty good with the mixer so it will feed through the pastry bag. Load them into a pastry bag and spread them like frosting on the cupcake meatloaves. Sprinkle the green and red peppers on top of the potatoes.
Enjoy your special little creations!Print
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup marinara
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 large potatoes peeled and cut for boiling
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 of a red pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 of a green pepper finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Salt & Pepper
- Mix the first ten ingredients together in a large mixing bowl (hamburger thru onion powder).
- Put the potatoes on the stove in a medium sized saucepan filled with water. Bring to low boil on medium low heat and cook until soft.
- Fill a standard size 12 count cupcake pan with the ground beef mixture. Mix the ketchup and BBQ sauce in a separate small bowl. Spread a little on the top of each mini meatloaf. Cook the meatloaves for 35 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the green and red peppers to a small saute pan with a little olive oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat,cover and keep warm,
- When potatoes are done drain the water making sure to get off all excess. Add the butter, salt and pepper. Add the whipping cream and chicken broth to the saucepan with the potatoes a little at a time while mashing the potatoes with a mix-master or a stand mixer. You will want a stiff consistency yet make sure to work it up pretty good with the mixer so it will feed through a pastry bag.
- Load the pastry bag using your cupcake frosting attachment. Frost the meatloaves. Sprinkle the green and red peppers on top.
- If you don’t like peppers you could use pine nuts, green onions, carrots or peas.