Breakfast is by far the most important meal of the day! These scrumptious Southwest Egg Burritos will have your day off to a great start and you will be whistling Dixie!!!
They are easy to prepare with just 8 ingredients! You will have a glorious breakfast prepared in no time at all.
How could you resist all those wonderful eggs, cheese, sausage and peppers? You can’t!!! So just cave!
Southwest Egg Burrito
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green pepper
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 lb breakfast sausage
- 5 slices white American
- 2 pinches crushed red pepper
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- Whisk eggs and milk. Melt butter in nonstick skillet over low heat. Add eggs to skillet and cover. They will cook very slow. Heat another nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tablespoon of olive oil. Add peppers and onions; cook for 5 minutes stirring once or twice. Remove from pan and cover to keep warm.
- Every 3-4 minutes gently scrape the egg mixture off the bottom with a heat resistant spatula. This will move the cooked eggs to the top and allow the uncooked eggs to flow to the bottom.
- Using skillet that you cooked the peppers and onions in; add sausage. Over medium heat cook until browned. Remove from pan. Cover and keep warm.
- When eggs are about 5 minutes from being set add cheese; by placing on top of the eggs. Cover and let cheese melt; approximately 2-3 minutes. Gently stir with spatula. Add peppers, onions and sausage and gently stir again. .
- Brown tortillas in same skillet you cooked the sausage in. Divide mixture evenly between the tortillas. Serve with salsa and sour cream