Spring is almost here or at least I keep telling myself that. It has to change soon because we are almost at the end of March. Average date of last spring frost in my neck of the woods is April 10th. So things will be changing her swiftly and soon. Do you have some great spring recipes for entertaining? Easter, patio parties and graduations are right around the corner. These Spring Green Pear Walnut Parmesan Bowls would be lovely for your Easter brunch, Easter dinner or graduation shindig.
Herb Cream Cheese Cucumber Bites, Quick and Creamy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms and Beef Tenderloin Red Pepper Rumaki are some of our favorite appetizers. Are you entertaining soon? Leave me a comment and tell me what the occasion is and what you plan on serving. I love to hear about your meals! This delicious Garden Fresh Brushettta from Spend with Pennies is a fellow blogger favorite. I can’t wait for fresh garden tomatoes.
These beautiful Spring Green Pear Walnut Parmesan Bowls are easy to prepare. The bowl is made by melting Parmesan cheese in a thin layer in a nonstick coated skillet. The salad comes together quickly with pre-washed spring greens, pears, walnuts and a super easy oil and vinegar drizzle. The Parmesan cheese bowls can be made ahead of time but should be not be filled until serving time.
These gorgeous Spring Green Pear Walnut Parmesan Bowls would be perfect with beef tenderloin, One Skillet Asparagus Stuffed Parmesan Chicken and Dry Rub Sweet Barbecue Pork Tenderloin. The Parmesan bowls make such an awesome presentation but should be handled delicately. The combination of the Parmesan, spring greens, pears and walnuts are such a light fresh change and perfect for the spring season.
- 2 cups fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- 7-9 cups fresh spring greens
- 2 pears
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Evenly sprinkle 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese in about a six inch circle. Cook uncovered until bubbly and the edges are lightly browned; approximately 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand about 10-15 seconds. Using a thin spatula (I use my cookie spatula) remove carefully and drape over the bottom of a 2 1/2 inch glass. Press down gently to conform.
- Peel and finely dice pears and toss with lemon juice.
- In large bowl toss together, spring greens, pears and walnuts. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving divide between the Parmesan bowls.
Please slowly conform the melted Parmesan circle to the glass. They will not take on the shape of the glass but by gently tucking down they will take on the shape of a bowl I would suggest practicing with 1-2 of them if trying these for the first time.
Other salad recipes you will love!!