Strawberry Banana Bread is a super moist flavor packed sweet bread with a lightly sweetened pineapple cream cheese frosting.
We are approaching the first day of summer quickly and the strawberries are coming in sweet and juicy. What better way to celebrate strawberry season than with an amazing loaf of sweet bread. Wouldn’t this be so scrumptious with a hot cup of coffee. This super moist Strawberry Banana Bread is so delectable you will find it hard not to eat the whole loaf! It just melts in your mouth! The lightly sweetened pineapple cream cheese icing complements the bread perfectly! I bet you can almost taste it now!
We are huge strawberry lovers here! Are you and yours? Here are some more strawberry recipes so you can enjoy one of natures finest fruits.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
- Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- Strawberry Cream Cheesecake Pie
- Easy Homemade Biscuit Strawberry Shortcake
- Easy Lip Smacking Strawberry Lemonade
- Made from Scratch Strawberry Bundt Cake
Helpful hints on making this Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe and other iced sweet breads.
- Grease or spray the loaf pan with nonstick baking spray well. Sweet breads have a tendency to stick.
- Do not let it sit in the pan too long (before inverting) or it will want to stay. It is best to cool on an elevated surface with ventilation like a cookie cooling rack for 10-15 minutes
- Do not frost your sweet bread until completely cooled.
- Any sweet breads with cream cheese frosting should be refrigerated and most sweet breads with fresh fruit i.e. strawberry bread, pineapple and mango should be refrigerated as well.
This Strawberry Banana Bread can be prepared and cooked a couple of days in advance but must be stored in the refrigerator. This delectable bread would make great mini loaves for holiday gifts or maybe just because you are going to brew a fresh pot of coffee!
Strawberry Banana Pineapple Bread
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries cut in 1/4’s
- 1 small banana chopped finely
- 1/2 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple drained with 2 tablespoons juice reserved
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Mix butter, white sugar and brown sugar in stand mixer until smooth and creamy scraping the bowl to make sure all the sugar is blended. Add eggs one at a time; mixing just until combined on low speed before adding another.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture in three parts mixing just until combined after each third.
- Remove from stand mixer and fold in strawberries, bananas and pineapple
- Pour in well greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar in stand mixer with paddle attachment. Slowly add pineapple juice and mix until smooth and creamy. Frost bread with pineapple icing when the bread is completely cooled.