Pork Tenderloin is even better when it is stuffed and wrapped in bacon. Just the perfect recipe for that late night supper on Saturday evening with a nice bottle of wine.
Mix the Serrano pepper, onion, cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder and Gruyere cheese in small bowl. An old fashioned potato smasher works well.
Filet the pork tenderloin and beat with a meat tenderizing mallet. Spread the cream cheese mixture down the middle. Pull the meat up and around the cream cheese mixture. Wrap the tenderloin in pieces of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
Grill it on indirect heat until the bacon is a nice golden brown.
Allow the pork tenderloin to rest for about 15-20 minutes before serving. Cover loosely with foil.Print
Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 Serrano pepper finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 ounces grated Gruyere cheese
- Mix the Serrano pepper, onion, cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder and Gruyere cheese in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Trim any fat from meat.
- Using a sharp knife, make a lengthwise cut down the center of roast, cutting to, but not through, the other side.
- Spread the meat flat.
- Place tenderloin between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound meat lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet to about a 12×6-inch rectangle.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture down the center of the pork. Pull the sides up and around the cream cheese mixture. Wrap the uncooked bacon around the width of the meat and secure with a toothpick. Continue until all the tenderloin is wrapped in bacon.
- Cook on the grill on indirect heat until the bacon is golden brown.
- Allow to rest for 15-20 minutes before removing toothpicks and slicing.