Do you like peas? Peas are my hubby’s favorite vegetable. Not so much mine with the exception of this wonderful tasty sweet pea salad with cashews and bacon. Lawd have mercy!! My favorite veggies are asparagus and spinach. Let me tell you those would not cut it in this recipe. Not at all. So maybe you are a pea fan. Maybe you are not! You don’t have to be a pea fan to fall in love with this goodie!
You might be a bacon fan or a cashew fan! Ore maybe you just adore creamy dishes with mayo in them. This dish is perfect for your next dinner party or barbecue. Have I mentioned to you how I am not a big pea fan?
However I am a huge fan of this Sweet Pea Salad with bacon and cashews!
Sweet Pea Salad
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lb frozen baby peas partially thawed
- 4 slices crispy cooked bacon chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 1/3 cup red onion sliced very thin
- 4 ounces finely cubed cheddar (cut very petite)
- In small bowl combine mayo, mustard, vinegar, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, honey and salt & pepper to taste.
- In large bowl combine peas, bacon, celery, cashews, red onion and cheddar. Gently fold in mayo mixture, Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours up to overnight.
Don’t forget to partially thaw the peas either in the refrigerator overnight or on the counter for 2-3 hours.
Other delicious sides you might love!
Bacon Green Bean Bundles
Or easy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus with Easy Hollandaise