Grilled Cheese is definitely one of life’s greatest comfort foods. This Taco Grilled Cheese is no exception to that rule. This beauty is packed full of fresh cooked taco meat, tomatoes, cheddar cheese and thin slices of jalapeno. It can be cooked from start to finish in about twenty minutes. Faster if you prepare your taco meat ahead of time. Other options might include onions and avocado. However experience tells me that avocado should be added after cooked.
Look at all that wonderful gooey goodness. I love thin slices of jalapeno with this. Just a little spice to jazz up your life. You are going to love it. Now be patient as you want the bread to cook to nice golden brown. Choose a good quality bread. I love the artisan breads at one of our high quality grocery stores.
I used some good heirloom tomatoes that I purchased at the same store. In my world quality counts especially when it comes to my taste buds. I sure hope you enjoy this Taco Grilled Cheese as much as we do!!
Taco Grilled Cheese
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 slices artisan bread
- 4–6 slices deli style sharp cheddar
- Thin slices heirloom tomatoes
- Thin slices jalapeno peppers
- Pats of butter
- In medium skillet over medium heat brown ground beef. Add taco seasoning and water. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add cheddar to each slice of bread. Split the taco meat mixture between the two sandwiches. Top with tomato and jalapeno slices. Put sandwiches together and top with pats of butter. Place sandwich butter side down on warm grill or skillet over medium low heat. Cook until nicely browned. Add more pats of butter to the top. Flip and cook until that side is nicely browned and the cheese is melted.
Other recipes you are sure to love!