I love anything taco and taco soup is no exception to the rule. This soup is made with half pork sausage and half ground beef. It is simmered with sauteed onions and garlic. Throw in some black beans, corn and salsa style tomatoes and you have yourself a bon appetit!
Now top it all off with cilantro, green onions, tortilla strips, limes and a little cheese. Yummy!
- 1/2 lb. ground pork sausage
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed (15.25 ounces)
- 1 can corn drained (15.25 ounces)
- 1 can salsa style tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Fresh cilantro
- lime slices
- tortilla strips
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- green onions
- In large stock pot brown ground beef & ground sausage. When almost completely browned drain any excess grease. Add chopped onion and cook for additional 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add the taco seasoning and cook for 2 minutes. Add the black beans, corn, salsa style tomatoes, water and chicken broth.
- Simmer for 40-45 minutes.
- Top with fresh cilantro, lime slices, cheddar cheese, sour cream and green onions.