I know all you egg lovers were just waiting for another egg recipe from me! Don’t worry I got your back!
This recipe is easy and cheesy and sure to be pleasy! Now who is the corn dog? Seriously this recipe is a cinch and unbelievably tasty! How can you ask for anymore?
You are and your family are going to love this easy dependable delectable casserole!!
Tater Tot Egg Casserole
- 25 frozen tater tots
- 1/2 lb Italian breakfast sausage like Jimmy Dean all natural
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup sharp cheddar shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack shredded
- 1/4 cup provel
- Bake tater tots according to directions.
- Meanwhile brown breakfast sausage over medium heat. When almost completely brown add onion, basil, oregano and parsley. Continue cooking until sausage is browned. Remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites, cheddar and Monterey Jack together. Spray 1.5 quart dish with non stick cooking spray. Add sausage mixture. Pour egg mixture over the top. Scatter cooked tator tots on top. Move oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake 20 minutes. Add provel to top and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until eggs are set in center. Allow to cool 10 minutes before eating.
You can substitute provolone for provel.