These beautiful Teriyaki Chicken Meatball Skewers are packed with natures tasty goodness. They are easy enough to prepare during the week and fancy enough for a party. The teriyaki sauce can be prepared ahead of time and reheated in the microwave. My family loves this recipe.
I use already prepared meatballs for this recipe but feel free to make your own. Sometimes I am on the run and sometimes not. This particular day I was running pretty hard. This is NOT a sponsored post but I wanted to show you these meatballs because they are terrific. This brand contains no preservatives and no nitrates. They have several varieties to choose from but Teriyaki & Pineapple is the best for this recipe. They are available at a couple of high end grocery stores in the area and might be available in your neck of the woods.
These Teriyaki Chicken Meatball Skewers also include bell peppers, pineapple and a mouthwatering Teriyaki sauce. You can serve over rice or Chinese noodles. They cook up on the grill real fast and taste like you spent hours.
Teriyaki Chicken Meatball Skewers
- 10 inch bamboo skewers
- 12–16 chicken meatballs
- 1 pineapple peeled and cored sliced into large bite size chunks (reserving 3 tablespoons juice)
- 1 red pepper cored seeds removed and sliced into large bite size chunks
- 1 orange pepper cored seeds removed and sliced into large bite size chunks
- 1 yellow pepper cored seeds removed and sliced into large bite size chunks
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 large clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons mirin (honey may be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Soak skewers in cold water for 20-30 minutes and preheat grill.
- Thread meatballs, pineapple and peppers on skewers.
- In small sauce pan whisk soy sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, garlic and mirin. Simmer for 5 minutes. Combine cornstarch with reserved pineapple juice. Whisk into simmering sauce and cook until desired consistency. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
- Cook meatball/pepper skewers until meatballs are golden brown and peppers are starting to brown on edges; basting with Teriyaki Sauce several times.
- Serve over rice or Chinese noodles with extra sauce.
If there is not enough pineapple juice to mix in the cornstarch make up the shortfall with water.