These easy delectable shells are a cinch to make. Triple Cheese Barbecue Pork Stuffed Shells start off with pulled pork. Don’t feel like cooking a pork butt than buy some already cooked from Costco or Sams. If pork is not your thing substitute ground beef. It is delicious as well in this recipe. You can use any kind of BBQ sauce but I prefer the Kansas City style barbecue sauce. I think it goes perfectly with the sweet onions and garlic.
If you use leftover pulled pork or you purchase it already cooked you can pull this together in about 45 minutes including cook time. If you are going the slow easy way and cooking your own pork butt or shoulder here is a fantastic recipe of mine Pulled Pork & Slaw Sliders. Follow ONLY the rub and pulled pork section of the recipe. The three cheese combo is lip smacking good but if your are limited on your selection by all means sub a different cheese!
You could substitute Gouda, Monterey Jack, Muenster or white cheddar for any of the cheeses and still end up with a mouth watering dish. These Triple Cheese Barbecue Pork Stuffed Shells are perfect for you and your loved ones. They are easy, delectable and dependable.
Triple Cheese Barbecue Pork Stuffed Shells
- 24 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic mined
- 4 cups pulled pork chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup Kansas City style barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded edam cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Cook jumbo shells according to box instructions and drain in colander.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low and add garlic. Cook for one minute. Add pork and barbecue sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stuff each shell with a heaping tablespoon of pork and place in 13 x 9 inch casserole dish sprayed with nonstick olive oil spray. Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Other delectable recipes you will love!
Pulled Pork Street Tacos