These little beauties are as tasty as can be. How can you go wrong when the recipe calls for mashed potatoes and jalapenos! If you like things a little more mild remove all the veins and seeds. This mellows the jalapenos out a bit. If you like it hot well just leave them in there.
Look at those beautiful critters. Sprinkling some mozzarella on the top will leave them with a luscious golden cheesy look.
Can’t go wrong with these for your next holiday party or football extravaganza!!
Triple Cheese Mashed Potato Jalapenos
- 6 jalapenos veins and seeds removed
- 2 large potatoes peeled and cut into large pieces for boiling and mashing
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 –3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Gouda cheese shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Chopped chives
- Salt & Pepper
- Place potatoes in pot of water on stove and cook on medium low (soft boil) until very fork tender. Remove from heat and drain all water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter, sour cream, cheddar, gouda and 1/2 cup of mozzarella to the pan with the potatoes. Use a hand mixer to combine. Add only a small amount of milk at a time until smooth but pretty thick and stiff. Season the mashed potatoes to taste with salt & pepper. Using a pastry bag pipe or spoon fill the jalapenos with the mashed potato mixture.Sprinkle the tops with the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned. Sprinkle with chives. Serve warm.
Use gloves to remove the veins and seeds of the jalapenos. Wash your hands with soup & water after handling jalapenos.