Last weekend my husband went out of town and things were just a little hectic around here. We have a couple of tweens (well actually one is a teen now) and they had tons and tons of homework so they had no time to help with laundry or anything for that matter. I had put the sheets in the washing machine and was really frustrated because I could not find my husbands pillow case. I asked the kids how am I going to explain to your Dad that I lost his pillow case. I knew the washing machine ate socks but not pillow cases. Later on that evening it dawned on me that my hubby had taken his pillow and I was looking for something that was in Atlanta. I had quite the chuckle telling the kids about this nonsense.
There is just something really comforting about lasagna. This Weeknight Four Cheese and Sausage Lasagna is a family favorite. It is loaded with Italian Sausage, Ricotta, Mozzarella, Parmesan, Provolone and your favorite marinara or pasta sauce. I recently found an outstanding brand at Costco. It is called Botticelli Tomato & Basil premium pasta sauce and it is made with Italian tomatoes. The whole family agrees that this is best jarred sauce we have ever had.
Have you tried any of my other pasta recipes? 20 Minute Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta, Bacon Asparagus Cajun Pasta and Pasta Milano are just a few family, friend and reader favorites. This amazing Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Pasta is a new family favorite from my blogging friend at Dinner at the Zoo.
Do you love lasagna? This Weeknight Four Cheese and Sausage Lasagna is easy and absolutely delicious! Don’t forget to let the lasagna sit for fifteen minutes so that the layers do not fall apart. Are you really pushed for time? Cook the sausage and onions ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to use.
Weeknight Three Cheese and Sausage Lasagna
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 lb Italian pork sausage
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 5 cups pasta sauce
- 1 container (15 ounce) whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup shredded provolone
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup finely shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain well.
- Brown pork sausage breaking up meat as it browns. Add onion about halfway through the browning process. Drain any grease from the pan. Add 3 cups pasta sauce to sausage mixture and simmer while you work on the rest of the dish.
- In bowl mix ricotta cheese, egg and provolone.
- Spray 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with nonstick olive oil spray. Spread 1 cup pasta sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish. Layer three noodles on top of the sauce. Spread half of the ricotta mixture and 1 cup Mozzarella over the lasagna noodles. Layer three noodles on top of the ricotta/mozzarella. Spread the other half of the ricotta mixture and 1 cup mozzarella over the lasagna noodles. Layer three noodles on top of the ricotta/mozzarella. Spoon the sausage pasta sauce mixture over the noodles. Layer the remaining three noodles over the sausage pasta mixture. Top with the last cup of pasta sauce, last cup of mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Turn on the broiler the last minute of cooking just to brown the top a touch. .
Other pasta recipes you will love!!