Crockpot Chicken and Noodles is an easy filling comfort meal the whole family can enjoy. Everything is cooked right in the crock making this an ideal weeknight meal.
This yummy recipe is kid tested and approved. For those who want to add a little heat and extra spice kick it up a couple of notches with some easy add ins.
If your life is anything like mine, it is constantly go, go, go. Now that summer has passed the days are filled with school, after school sports and activities, errands and much more. Every family should have some easy dump and go crock pot recipes so they can keep up with the demands of the day. This scrumptious Crockpot Chicken and Noodles can be in the crock in a matter of ten minutes leaving you precious time to help with homework, fold laundry, exercise rigorously or pay bills.
How to make Crockpot Chicken and Noodles!
This delicious recipe is a piece cake or in this case, a crock of chicken. Simply place your diced onion, garlic, chicken breast, spices and butter in the crockpot and cover with chicken broth. Cook on high for 3-4 hours and on low for 5-6 hours. When cooked tender, shred the chicken and add the egg noodles. Cover and cook on high for 15-20 minutes.
Mix cornstarch and broth together and slowly stir in. Cook on high for additional 10-15 minutes to thicken the broth and cook the noodles until tender. I like the Amish style egg noodles but they take just a tad longer. Season with salt & pepper to taste and fresh or dried parsley. Serve promptly and if reserving leftovers store them in the refrigerator as soon as possible because the hot crock will continue to cook the noodles and make them mushy.
This delectable chicken crockpot recipe is super kid-friendly but if you think that you need a little more pizzazz consider these options.
Possible add-ins for Crockpot Chicken and Noodles.
- Finely minced jalapeno peppers
- Couple pinches of ground cayenne pepper
- Half teaspoon of sriracha or sambal oelek (ground fresh chili paste)
- Sauteed white button or cremini mushrooms
- Frozen, canned or fresh peas
- Fresh chopped carrots
- Diced green or red peppers
- Chopped celery
- Fresh or frozen green beans
- Any combination of the above ingredients that appeal to you
Other crockpot recipes you will love!!Print
Crockpot Chicken and Noodles
Crockpot Chicken and Noodles is a comfort meal the whole family can enjoy. Everything is cooked right in the crock making this an easy weeknight meal. With little prep time, you’ll have a delicious dinner with plenty of spare time for family, chores, or relaxation.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 4 hours on high
- Total Time: 28 minute
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Main Meal
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: American
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crush rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth (reserving 1/4 cup)
- 6 ounces Amish egg noodles (please see note)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Optional: Fresh or dried parsley for garnish
- Place chicken in bottom of crockpot, Sprinkle with onion and garlic. Add parsley, rosemary, pepper, thyme, nutmeg and butter and cover with chicken broth. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours. When cooked tender shred the chicken. Add the egg noodles making sure they are submerged in the liquid. If necessary add a little more chicken broth. Cover and cook on high for 15-20 minutes. Mix cornstarch and reserved broth together and cook on high for additional 10-15 minutes to thicken and cook the noodles until tender.
You can use other egg noodles but they will cook a little faster than the Amish noodles so only cover and cook on high for about 10 minutes before adding the cornstarch mixture and proceeding with the rest of the recipe.
Keywords: homemade chicken and noodles, old fashioned chicken and noodles, chicken and egg noodles, creamy chicken and noodles