This easy Apple Bread with Cinnamon Pecan Crunch is full of apple chunks and pecans. It is lightly sprinkled with cinnamon pecan sugar giving it a light extra crunch on the crust. It is quick to come together and can easily be doubled.
We just love this Apple Bread. It is so easy to whip up, freezes well and tastes even better the second day! It is loaded with so much flavor from apples, spices and pecans. The top is coated with a small amount of sugar and chopped pecans creating a delicious crunch.
How do you make Apple Bread with Cinnamon Pecan Crunch?
First in a large bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking powder. Next in a medium bowl mix together eggs, sugar, vegetable oil and applesauce. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Fold in the apples and half of the pecans. Pour the batter in a loaf pan that has been well greased. Combine remaining pecans, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Sprinkle over the batter. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Cool for just a couple of minutes before inverting to a cooling rack.
Helpful tips for making Apple Bread with Cinnamon Pecan Crunch
- My go to apple for this recipe is Granny Smith because I love the balance between tart and sweet. Plus they don’t break down during the cooking process. For a little more sweetness use Granny Smith or Fuji.
- Don’t over-mix the batter as it may become tough.
- Toast your pecans before chopping them.
- Remove the cooked bread from the pan as soon as possible and place on wire rack to cool. This helps quick breads retain a crispy crunchy crust.
- Allow the loaf to cool slightly before cutting.
How to slice quick breads
Wait until your yummy quick bread has cooled. Use a sharp serrated knife and cut in a saw like motion. This sawing action will keep your quick breads from crumbling. If you have the old style cooling racks with the all the rungs going in the same direction evenly spaced apart you can gently press down on the top of the quick bread marking the bottom for easy even cutting.
There is no time like the present to start planning a small get together for close friends and family and fall is the perfect time to do just that!! Put this amazing Apple Pecan Sweet Bread on the menu list or simply just bake a loaf for yourself.
Other apple recipes you will love!
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter Recipe
- Apple Cobbler Recipe
- Scrumptious Amazingly Easy Apple Turnovers
- Apple Fritter
This post was originally published September 24 2017 and was republished May 29, 2019 with new content.Print
Apple Bread with Cinnamon Pecan Crunch
This easy quick sweet bread is plump full of apple chunks and chopped pecans. The top of the bread is lightly sprinkled with a cinnamon pecan sugar mixture giving the edges a little bit of crispy sweet goodness.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 60
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: sweet bread
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar for sprinkling the top
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan.
- In large bowl mix together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking powder.
- In medium bowl mix together eggs, sugar, vegetable oil and applesauce.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix just until incorporated. Fold in apples and half of the pecans. Combine remaining pecans, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon; sprinkle over loaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Invert to remove loaf as soon as possible.
To toast pecans just spread them on a baking and pop them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 6 – 8 minutes. Toast them whole and then chop them after they cool.
If you don’t want to purchase applesauce just substitute 2 more tablespoons of oil.
Keywords: apple cinnamon bread, how to make apple bread, apple sweet bread recipe