First day of fall is in and I am tickled pink. I hope it starts to feel like it soon. Summer has made a brief comeback but it will be gone soon enough. This is my very favorite time of the year. My idea of heaven is an endless October. I wish we could just keep doing fall over and over again. When the leaves all fell to the ground we could wiggle our noses and magically the leaves would reattach themselves to the trees, turn green and we could start this beautiful season all over again.
With fall comes some of the most spectacular comfort food recipes and football party food. It is a food lovers paradise. Do you have any special party plans for this fall? It is a great time to start up that bonfire, dust off the patio furniture and have some good times. Start with some savory appetizers like my Quick and Creamy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms, Sweet Pork Fried Dumplings and my Honey Barbecue Sriracha Wings. You can serve my 20 Minute Easy Fall Harvest Sangria and my Irish Cream Chocolate Coffee for the adult beverages.
For dessert you can keep it on the light side with this Apple Pecan Sweet Bread. This easy bread is full of apples chunks and pecans. It is lightly sprinkled with sugar giving it a light extra crunch on the crust. It is quick to come together and can easily be doubled. For the kids you can whip up a batch of my Witches Hats Cookies. They are so adorable and it is never too early to start thinking about Halloween.
There is no time like the present to start planning a small get together for close friends and family and fall is the perfect time to do just that!! Put this amazing Apple Pecan Sweet Bread on the menu list or simply just bake a loaf for yourself.
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 cups finely chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar for sprinkling the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan.
- In large bowl mix together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking powder.
- In medium bowl mix together eggs, sugar, vegetable oil and applesauce.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix just until incorporated. Fold in apples and half of the pecans. Pour batter in loaf pan and sprinkle with remaining pecans and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes.
To toast pecans just spread them on a baking and pop them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 6 - 8 minutes. Toast them whole and then chop them after they cool. If you don't want to purchase applesauce just substitute 2 more tablespoons of oil.
Other apple recipes you will love!!