This scrumptious Coconut Bread is super moist and easy to make with a hint of lime in the loaf and in the glaze. Enjoy a slice with your coffee for breakfast or as a pick me up mid-afternoon snack.
Calling all coconut lovers. This delectable sweet loaf brings out the best in coconut. For an extraordinarily delicious treat pop a thin slice of it in the toaster and lather with butter. You will think you died and went to heaven. This Coconut Bread comes together quickly and if wrapped properly freezes very well. You can whip the batter for the bread up in about 15 minutes and the glaze in about 3 minutes.
This coconut bread may be perfectly sweet, but what about some savory coconut recipes? Here are a few favorites to check out:
How do you make Coconut Bread?
First in a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl whisk together sugar, eggs, coconut oil, milk, vanilla, lime juice, lime zest and coconut. Now using a spoon, add the flour mixture to the egg/oil/milk mixture and stir just until combined. Do not over-mix as it can toughen sweet breads. Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes for inverting on a wire rack. Cool about 45 minutes before drizzling with glaze.
In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, lime juice and vanilla. Drizzle over cooled bread. Store in an airtight container or in a Ziploc storage bag.
Tips for making Coconut Dessert Bread
- For best results, use organic coconut oil. To liquefy coconut oil, fill the kitchen sink with hot water and place the jar inside the sink. Remove the melted coconut oil as it melts to a measuring cup to help keep track of how much more you need for the recipe.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients just until incorporated with a spoon, not a mixer. Over-mixing sweet bread can make it tough.
- To keep the bread from forming a lip around the edges grease the bottom and up one inch of the sides of the pan.
- Always preheat your oven and bake the bread in the center of the oven by adjusting shelves.
- Cool the loaf before drizzling with the glaze as you do not want it to be absorbed and disappear.
Other sweet bread recipes you will love!
- Easy Banana Bread Recipe
- Pumpkin Bread with Cinnamon Glaze
- Easy Mango Bread
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Old Fashioned Lemon Bread
A delectably moist and easy sweet coconut bread with a hint of lime. For an over the top treat, toast and lather with a little bit of unsalted butter.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 55
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: sweet bread
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (liquefied)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime zest
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
Sweet Lime Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 –2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8″ loaf pan on the bottom and 1 inch up the sides.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl whisk together sugar, eggs, coconut oil, milk, vanilla, lime juice, lime zest and coconut. Now using a large spoon add the flour mixture to the egg/oil/milk mixture and stir just until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake in the center of the oven for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan before inverting. Cool for 45-60 minutes before drizzling with icing.
- In a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar, lime juice and vanilla. Drizzle over cooled bread. Store cooked loaf in an airtight container or in a Ziploc storage bag.
A 9″ loaf pan can be used as well. The loaf will just not be as high.
Keywords: coconut bread recipe, coconut lime bread, sweet bread, easy coconut bread, coconut bread with lime, dessert bread, coconut bread, sweet bread, coconut dessert bread, coconut lime bread