This easy Buffalo Chicken Pizza is made with rotisserie chicken, red onions, thin slices of jalapeno and plenty of fresh mozzarella cheese. Adjust the amount of hot sauce to your liking and customize to suit your taste. We love to use ranch dressing but you may prefer blue cheese. Be sure to read the section on recipe variations and prepare to dazzle even your toughest critics.
Nothing beats a good meal like fresh pizza. At our house Friday night is pizza night and has been for as long as I can remember. This tasty chicken pizza comes together fairly quickly using rotisserie chicken which can be picked up at most local grocery stores or warehouse stores like Sams and Costco. Ranch dressing is mixed with hot sauce to taste and spread over the pizza dough, then topped with lots of yummy goodies and plenty of mozzarella cheese. This pizza, French Bread Pizza, and Hawaiian Pizza are just a few of our favorites.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Start by shaping your pizza dough into a 12 or 16 inch circle depending on how thick you want your crust. Then mix together the ranch dressing and hot sauce. Add as little or much hot sauce as you like. Now spread it over the pizza dough evenly. Next top with a good helping of mozzarella. Then top with red onion, scallions, jalapenos, shredded chicken and more mozzarella. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the crust is done and the cheese is melted and lightly browned. For an extra treat drizzle with hot sauce.
Recipe tips for Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Use your favorite bottled ranch or blue cheese dressing or get really wild and make some Homemade Ranch Dressing.
- Mix the ranch dressing and hot sauce to taste. Some people like to be on fire and well others just want a teeny weeny bit.
- Rotisserie chicken is perfect for this recipe. It adds a touch of flavor and it is easy to shred. They are available at most grocery stores and warehouse stores like Costco and Sams.
- For a change of pace try blue cheese dressing and/or blue cheese mixed with the mozzarella.
- Top with your choice of ingredients. Try finely chopped red pepper, green pepper, red onion or scallions. Or try banana peppers, serrano peppers or jalapeno pepper rings.
- I love to use Frank’s Red Hot Sauce for this recipe but your favorite will work just as well.
- Blue Cheese Buffalo Chicken Pizza – skip the ranch dressing and use blue cheese dressing mixed with a little hot sauce and add 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles to the top of the pizza with the mozzarella.
- Buffalo Shrimp Pizza – bake 1/2 lb. breaded shrimp according to package instructions and cover to keep warm. Costco sells some delicious panko breaded shrimp. Pull the pizza out of the oven about 2-3 minutes in advance of being done and place shrimp on top. Drizzle with hot sauce and place back in oven.
- Jalapeno Popper Buffalo Chicken Pizza – for the base use ranch and hot sauce mixed to taste. Top with bacon, chicken, sliced jalapenos, shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
This mouthwatering good pizza is topped with ranch, hot sauce, rotisserie chicken, red onions, scallions and plenty of mozzarella. Drizzle with a little hot sauce and take this pizza to another level.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: main meal pizza
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- prepared pizza dough (12 to 16 inch)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 2–4 tablespoons hot sauce (to taste)
- 12 ounces mozzarella shredded
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- more hot sauce for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Shape pizza dough into a 12-16 inch circle on oiled pizza stone.
- In small bowl mix together ranch dressing and hot sauce. Spread over the pizza dough evenly. top with half of the mozzarella. Top with red onion, scallions, jalapenos, shredded chicken and remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the crust is done and the cheese is melted and lightly browned. For an extra treat drizzle with hot sauce.
Keywords: homemade buffalo chicken pizza, how to make buffalo chicken pizza, buffalo chicken pizza with ranch