These beautiful cupcakes are the cats meow! You know a cupcake is delicious when you can eat them endlessly without frosting.
Not that the frosting isn’t delicious! It is out of this world good!!! Even my darling daughter said “I didn’t like carrots before I had these. Now I love them. May I have another cupcake?”
You will be hooked. Don’t blame me!
Carrot Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots (large shred)
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon half n half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with cupcake baking cup liners
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Beat eggs, sugar and brown sugar in large bowl. Mix in oil, vanilla, carrots and pineapple. Add flour mixture to pineapple/carrot mixture and stir just until combined and evenly moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup walnuts Fill cupcake baking cups about 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave according to manufacturers instructions. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a stand mixer beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in white chocolate and orange extract. Gradually add powdered sugar until icing is creamy. Mix in half n half.
- Ice cupcakes after they are completely cool. Sprinkle with remaining chopped walnuts.
Makes 12 cupcakes