These delicious moist Carrot Cake Cupcakes with crushed pineapple and walnuts are topped with a delectable white chocolate cream cheese frosting. They are one of my most requested potluck recipes and perfect for parties, shindigs, bridal and baby showers. My friends and family just rant and rave about them. Please keep in mind this is a small batch recipe so you may want to double it.
These beautiful cupcakes are the cats meow! You know a cupcake is delicious when you can eat them endlessly without frosting. These easy to make carrot cupcakes are ideal for anyone looking for a little carrot cake fix without making the huge three layer cake. Sometimes my sweet hubby just needs a little taste of one of his favorite desserts. So these come in so handy and then I can donate the rest to my willing neighbors.
How do you make Carrot Cake Cupcakes?
Start by whisking together baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and nutmeg in small bowl. Set that aside for a few minutes. Next beat the eggs, sugar and brown sugar in large bowl. Now stir in the oil, vanilla, carrots, pineapple and walnuts. Then add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and stir just until combined and evenly moistened. Next fill the cupcake liners about three fourths of the way up with batter. Finally bake until set and cool completely before frosting.
To make the frosting melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave according to package instructions. Let it cool for a few minutes while you get the rest of frosting ready. Using a mixer beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy. Slowly add the slightly cooled white chocolate beating continuously. Then gradually add the powdered sugar until the frosting is creamy. Finally frost fully cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with a little bit of chopped walnuts.
Helpful tips for making Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- This is a small batch recipe that makes 12 cupcakes.
- Always preheat the oven and load the cupcakes on the middle rack in the center of the oven.
- For best results use cupcake liners so they don’t stick.
- Peel your carrots first and use an old fashioned box grater to grate the carrots. It is really a matter of preference what size grate you would like to use. I personally like little bits of carrot in my cake so I use the larger grate.
- Plan in advance and soften the cream cheese and butter for the frosting.
- Cool the melted white chocolate a little bit before adding to the frosting as you don’t want to melt the cream cheese or the butter.
More dessert recipes you will love!!
- Kentucky Butter Cake
- Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Buttermilk Pie
- Fresh Blueberry Cookies with an Orange Glaze
This post was originally published February 5, 2016 and was republished April 2, 2020 with new content.Print
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
A family and friend favorite carrot cupcake recipe with crushed pineapple and chopped walnuts. They are topped with a delectable four ingredient white chocolate cream cheese frosting.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 cupcakes 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: southern
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with cupcake baking cup liners
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Beat eggs, sugar and brown sugar in large bowl. Mix in oil, vanilla, carrots and pineapple. Add flour mixture to wet mixture and stir just until combined and evenly moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup walnuts Fill cupcake baking cups about 3/4 of the way up.Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave according to manufacturers instructions. Allow to cool slightly as you do not want it melting your butter or cream cheese.In a stand mixer beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in white chocolate. Gradually add powdered sugar until icing is creamy.
- Ice cupcakes after they are completely cool. Sprinkle with remaining chopped walnuts.
This is a small batch recipe that makes 12 cupcakes.
Keywords: cream cheese frosting, carrot cupcakes, carrot cupcakes with pineapple, moist carrot cake cupcakes, easy carrot cake cupcakes, carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting