This is the time of year for awesome soups, chowders, stews and chilis. This Thick Hearty Beef and Bean Chili is one of my favorites. Nothing better than a big thick bowl of chili. You know the kind that is almost thick enough for your spoon to stand up. You can serve it over spaghetti noodles, mac n cheese or with a side of corn bread.
This Thick Hearty Beef and Bean Chili can easily be adapted to the crock pot by cooking the beef in a skillet first. For added flavor; once the beef is browned add the onions, peppers and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes. It will give your crock pot chili just a little added flavor and edge!!
This Thick Hearty Beef and Bean Chili combines ground beef, black beans, pinto beans, onions, garlic, red and green peppers, salsa style tomatoes and a perfect blend of spices.
So if you have a chill in your bones or there is a chill coming your way than put a big pot of Thick Hearty Beef and Bean Chili on the stove. Plop your buns down on the sofa, turn on your favorite classic movie and enjoying the great smells of your masterpiece simmering on the stove!
Thick Hearty Beef and Bean Chili
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 red pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounce) can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounce) tomato puree
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) fire roasted salsa style tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions
- In large stockpot brown ground beef over medium heat. Add onions and peppers and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for additional 90 seconds. Add beans, tomato puree, salsa style tomatoes, cumin, oregano, paprika, chili powder, onion powder and brown sugar. Simmer for 1 hour up to all day. The longer it simmers the better it will taste.
- Top with sour cream, shredded cheddar and green onions.
Other recipes you will love!!