These delectable Turkey Meatballs in Easy Cream Sauce combine perfectly seasoned meatballs with an easy chicken based cream sauce made right in your skillet. This fabulous recipe comes together in a little over thirty minutes.
Weekends are the absolute best!! They allow me the time to create new recipes!! I can kick back and experiment and make something luxuriously good for my family. Anything creamy with gravy is right up my alley. Now put it over noodles or mashed potatoes and now we are talking the ultimate in comfort food. These delicious Turkey Meatballs in Easy Cream Sauce turned out fantastic. I think hubby would have had three plates if I had not given him the stink eye!!
How do you make Turkey Meatballs in Easy Cream Sauce?
Start by mixing ground turkey, breadcrumbs, dried oregano, garlic powder, minced onion, egg and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Using your hands roll and shape into 1 1/2 inch meatballs. Heat canola oil over medium heat in large skillet. Add the meatballs and cook until browned on all sides. Do not crowd the skillet. If necessary work in batches and remove the meatballs to a plate.
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium low heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for a few minutes while you whisk constantly. Whisk in the chicken broth, garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, cream and oregano. Simmer for about fifteen minutes. Add the meatballs to the skillet and spoon sauce over meatballs. Salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve the meatballs and sauce over mashed potatoes, egg noodles or rice.
Four ways to keep your meatballs round!
- Refrigerate – after rolling the meatballs store covered in the refrigerator for at least one hour or up to 24 hours.
- Freeze – Place the meatballs on a cookie covered with parchment paper. They can be close together but not touching. Place them in the freezer until frozen. You can cook from frozen or transfer to freezer bags. They are good for up to three months.
- Bake – Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until cooked through. This method works fairly well because the meatballs are not turned like on the stove top.
- Simmer in liquid – drop into simmering broth until they are partially cooked. When they float remove them to paper towels and then brown in a skillet or in the oven.
Several of these methods can be combined to ensure nice round meatballs that have not be effected too much by gravity.
Helpful tips for making Turkey Meatballs in Easy Cream Sauce
- Use ground turkey that includes both white and dark meat. Ground turkey breast is very lean and does not make the best meatballs.
- Follow one or more of my helpful hints for ensuring round meatballs.
- Don’t clean the pan from the meatballs to the sauce. If there is excess grease than remove it but keep the brown bits from the meatballs. They add lots of flavor to the sauce.
- Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper. We enjoy lots of fresh ground pepper with ours.
- Do you like a lot of flavor and kick? Add a couple of pinches of cayenne or crushed red pepper.
This delicious dinner idea is easy, quick and oh so tasty. I sure hope you all like this dish as much as we do!! Bon appetit my food loving friends!!
This post was originally published October 24, 2016 and was republished March 9, 2019 with new content.
Sides to go with Turkey Meatballs in Easy Cream Sauce!Print
Turkey Meatballs in Easy Cream Sauce
Turkey Meatballs in Easy Cream Sauce combines perfectly seasoned meatballs with an easy chicken based cream gravy made right in your skillet.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: main meal turkey
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl mix ground turkey, breadcrumbs, dried oregano, garlic powder, minced onion, egg and Worcestershire sauce. Shape into 1 1/2 inch meatballs. Heat canola oil over medium heat in large skillet. Add meatballs and cook until browned on all sides. Do not crowd the skillet. If necessary work in batches. Remove meatballs to plate.
- Melt butter in same skillet over medium low heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes; whisking constantly. Whisk in chicken broth, garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, cream and oregano in large skillet. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add meatballs to skillet and spoon sauce over meatballs. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, egg noodles or rice.
Keywords: turkey meatballs, meatballs, meatballs with cream sauce, turkey recipe, ground turkey recipe