These quick and easy Air Fryer Hamburgers are so incredibly delicious and juicy. The air fryer is by far my favorite way to cook burgers. With just a few pantry spices and about ten minutes time you too can have these tasty burgers on your table tonight.
How do you make Air Fryer Hamburgers
Start by preheating the air fryer for 3-5 minutes. Then mix together the ground beef, minced garlic, onion powder, Worcestershire Sauce, and fresh ground black pepper. Next gently shape the ground beef into about 1/2 inch thick patties with a small thumb indentation in the middle. Once you add the patties to the air fryer sprinkle with just a little bit of salt. Cook for about 5 minutes.
Then flip and sprinkle with just a little more salt and cook for about 3 minutes or until the hamburgers reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees. If desired add cheese slices and close the door to the air fryer. The residual heat will melt the cheese.
Recipes notes and helpful tips
- Use ground beef with some fat in it. I use the 80/20 mixture which is 80% percent lean and 20% fat. Fat is what keeps your beef juicy and flavorful.
- Go easy on the salt. Salt lightly after placing in the air fryer and then once again when you flip them.
- For an over the top juicy burger mince onions and add to the burger mix. My husband loves them this way.
- Gently pat out the ground beef into 1/2 inch thick patties with a thumb print indentation in the middle so they don’t blow up like balloons.
- Use an instant read meat thermometer to keep from overcooking the burgers and drying them out. The USDA recommends cooking hamburgers to 160 to 165 degrees. I remove mine at 160 degrees because the residual heat will continue to cook them.
- The residual heat is enough to melt the cheese without melting it off the burger.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Can you cook frozen hamburger patties in an air fryer?
Sometimes life is just busy and you forget to thaw those hamburger patties out. No problem at all. Simply lower the temperature by 20 degrees (down to 350) and cook a few minutes longer. Use an instant read meat thermometer to make sure they reach the safest cooking temperature of 160-165 degrees. If desired top with cheese and close the turned off air fryer. The residual heat will melt the cheese perfectly in about 1-2 minutes.
The best hamburger toppings!
- Lettuce – I personally like leaf lettuce but iceberg, Bibb, and Boston are all good choices. You can serve it whole leaf or shredded.
- Tomatoes – in the summer big Beefsteak home grown tomatoes are the best. But in the winter months I just simply pick the best looking and smelling tomatoes at the market.
- Pickles – anything goes from sweet and spicy to hamburger dill chips.
- Onions – thin slices of red onion or sweet Vidalia onion are always a great choice for onion lovers. Another great choice is slow cooked caramelized onions.
- Condiments – ketchup, mustard, barbecue sauce, mayonnaise, and Burger Sauce are all great choices. My husband and I really love a sweet dill mustard or a spicy brown mustard.
More air fryer recipes you will love!
Air Fryer Hamburgers
Make the best delicious, juicy, and tender Air Fryer Hamburgers with common pantry spices in about fifteen minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 burgers 1x
- Category: main mean beef
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices white or yellow American (optional)
- 4 hamburger buns
- desired toppings
- Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees for 3-5 minutes.
- Mix together the ground beef, minced garlic, onion powder, Worcestershire Sauce, and black pepper. Gently shape the ground beef into about 1/2 inch thick patties with a small thumb indentation in the middle.
- Add the patties to the air fryer and sprinkle with just a little bit of salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip and sprinkle with just a little more salt and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until the hamburgers reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees. If desired add cheese slices and close the door to the air fryer. The residual heat will melt the cheese.
- Add the hot burgers to the buns and serve with your choice of toppings.
Keywords: hamburger in air fryer, how to cook hamburgers in an air fryer, air fried hamburgers