Some of the best recipes are those that are handed down from generation to generation. I am sure that you have some of those treasures in your recipe repertoire. I have many that have been handed down on both my side and my husbands side. My Grandma was an awesome cook and she made the most amazing potato salad. She was a tiny woman and the portions that she would place on my plate coordinated exactly with her size but her potato salad was out this world delicious!! Grandma’s Creamy Dill Pickle Potato Salad is smooth and creamy and is my absolute favorite potato salad. I love dill pickles but it is equally delicious with sweet pickles. My dear late mother in law was a sweet pickle potato salad person.
Grandma’s Creamy Dill Pickle Potato Salad combines red onion, celery, dill pickles, chives and hard boiled eggs into the dreamiest creamy mayo base. It is quick to come together and can be served right away or stashed away for a couple of days. Spring and summer are on their way. Have you tried any of my other delicious salads? Zesty Sweet Four Bean Salad, Fresh Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad and Roasted Vegetable Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette are all perfect for your next grill or patio party. Spring and summer are such a great time to entertain. I just love it!! This Creamy Cucumber Tomato Salad from Spend with Pennies is a fellow blogger favorite!!
Grandma’s Creamy Dill Pickle Potato Salad is perfect for picnics, barbecues, patio parties and spring and summer holiday gatherings. Your family and guests will gobble it up and be singing your praises. Be prepared they will be asking for the recipe! Enjoy my food loving friends!!
- 6 medium red potatoes cooked peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped chives
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: paprika
- In large bowl add potatoes, red onion, celery, hard-boiled eggs, pickles and chives.
- In small bowl whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard and pickle juice. Gently stir it into the potato mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.
If desired sprinkle top with small amount of paprika.
Other potato recipes you will love!!