Step up burger night with this delectable Burger Sauce. It takes your burgers to a whole new flavor level and it has just five ingredients and takes less than three minutes to whip up. My family just loves this sauce and I can prepare in about the same amount of time it takes to throw a load of laundry in the machine.
The secret to good juicy burgers every time!
My husband thinks I make the best burgers around. Really my secret is simply to finely chop (almost mince) some sweet onion and mix it in with the raw burger before putting them on the grill. I also don’t use ground beef that is too lean. 80% lean 20% fat is about as lean as you want to get when it comes to making burgers.
Recipe notes and helpful tips for grilled burgers
- Make this delicious burger sauce. It really is that good.
- For extra juicy burgers finely chop or mince some onion and mix in the hamburger before cooking the patties.
- Choose a ground beef that is no more than 80% lean.
- Don’t overcook your burgers. You will cook all the juices out of them and simply be left with a dry flavorless hunk of beef.
- Gently pat out the burgers and slightly push down the center of top of the patty with your thumb. This keeps them from swelling up around the middle and looking like jelly donuts.
- Don’t squeeze the burger down on the grill with a spatula. This pushes all the juice out of the burger and into the grill causing dry burgers and flame flare ups.
- Let your burgers rest for 10 minutes after grilling.
Other sauces you will love!Print
This scrumptious Burger Sauce comes together quickly and easily making it doable on any grill night. Great on burgers, sandwiches, wraps or as a dipping sauce for fries and onion rings.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- Category: sauce
- Method: bowl and spoon
- Cuisine: American
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 ½ tablespoons dill pickle relish
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: how to make burger sauce, secret sauce, best burger sauce