These soft cake like Apple Cookies are plump full of fresh apples, chewy oats, sweet raisins and crunchy walnuts all drizzled with a simple three ingredient cinnamon glaze. They are sure to please all the cookie monsters in your life. I love to serve these at my fall social gatherings along with Pumpkin Cupcakes and Pumpkin Dump Cake.
My favorite time of the year is fast approaching. In fact mother nature has been kind enough to let us have a little taste of it. These delicious cookies will put you right into the fall spirit. They are filled with all of favorite fall spices like cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and ginger. My family and I just love apples! Have you tried any of my other delicious apple recipes? Applesauce Cake, Homemade Applesauce, Apple Brown Betty, and this recipe are just a few of our favorites.
How to make Apple Cookies with Cinnamon Glaze
Start by beating the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. This takes several minutes so in the meantime in a seperate bowl whisk together your flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, ground nutmeg and ground ginger. Now turn the mixer to low and add the egg to the butter/sugar mixture beating just until incorporated. Next add the flour mixture in about three intervals stirring just until combined.
Turn off the mixer and stir in the grated apple, walnuts, rolled oats and raisins. Now drop by rounded tablespoons on to baking sheets covered with silicone mats or parchment paper. Bake for about 11 minutes or until lightly browned. After 5 minutes carefully remove cookies to cookie cooling racks. When fully cooled stir together powdered sugar, cinnamon and milk. Finally drizzle over fully cooled cookies.
Recipe notes and helpful tips for Apple Cookies
- Always preheat the oven and bake the cookies in the center of the oven on the middle rack.
- Cover the baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Make the first batch a test run and bake one or two cookies. This will help establish baking time.
- I grate the apple for these cookies but you can also finely dice it.
- If you don’t like raisins omit them or substitute dried cranberries.
- The cinnamon drizzle needs to set for several hours on the cookies before they can be stacked.
- If desired pecans can be subbed for the walnuts.
- Store these cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Substitute dried cranberries and pecans for the raisins and walnuts.
- Add 1 full cup oats for a slightly chewier cookie.
- Increase apples to 2 cups, increase eggs to 2 and add 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
Apple Cookies with Cinnamon Glaze
Delectable soft cinnamon spice Apple Cookies that are like little apple cakes drizzled with a sweet cinnamon glaze.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 36 cookies 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 large apple peeled cored and shredded or finely diced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 – 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cover baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and ginger. Using mixer on medium cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Turn mixer to low and add egg mixing just until incorporated. Blend in flour mixture in 3 intervals mixing just until incorporated. Turn off mixer and stir in apples, walnuts, oats and raisins. Drop by rounded tablespoons about 1 1/2 – 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until baked through and lightly browned. After 5 minutes remove to cookie cooling racks.
- Once cookies are fully cooled mix together the powdered sugar, cinnamon and milk. Add the milk a little bit at a time until you have reached optimum consistency. Drizzle over fully cooled cookies.
Keywords: apple oatmeal cookies, apple cinnamon cookies, apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies