This salad is guaranteed to please. It combines all the great flavors of mozzarella, tomatoes, fresh, basil, salami and croutons in one. It is lightly tossed with a not too sweet balsamic vinaigrette.
Using fresh basil makes all the difference in the world! This delicious treat is so simple in can be put together in just a few minutes!
Look at all that tasty goodness packed in one bowl. Bon appetit!Print
Caprese Pasta Salad
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- 4–5 cups cooked bowtie pasta drained but not rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups cubed fresh mozzarella
- 2 cups grape tomatoes sliced in 1/2
- 1/2 cup basil leaves torn in bite size pieces
- 15 slices of salami quartered
- 1/4 cup very thin red onion slices (shaved)
- 1 1/2 cups croutons
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine pasta, mozzarella, tomatoes, basil leaves,salami and red onion slices in medium pasta bowl.
- Combine balsamic vinaigrette, olive oil, brown sugar and garlic in small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Drizzle over salad, sprinkle with croutons and toss.