This Easy Italian Pasta Salad is so simple and so attractive that you can make it for a weeknight meal, lunch or even for a crowd. A great pasta salad can be enjoyed anytime of the year. It combines rotini pasta, salami, fresh bell peppers, mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts, grape tomatoes, sweet red onions and freshly grated Parmesan cheese tossed lightly with Italian dressing.
You can use your favorite bottled Italian dressing or mix up your own. My favorite bottled Italian Dressing is Zias and it brings out all the delectable flavors in this pasta salad. However Zia’s is a local brand so I am not sure how far out of St. Louis you can get it. Maybe you have a local brand that you just love! This delicious Italian Pasta salad goes perfect with Balsamic Vinegar Barbecue Ribs and Grilled Marinated Chicken.
How do you make Italian Pasta Salad?
First boil your rotini noodles until they are cooked firm. Then drain them in a colander making sure to remove as much of the moisture as possible. Next combine the cooked rotini pasta, salami, bell peppers, mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts, grape tomatoes, sweet red onions and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Finally toss lightly with your favorite Italian dressing.
Recipe notes and helpful tips
- Don’t overcook the pasta. It should be cooked fairly firm so it does not break apart when tossed or absorb too much of the Italian dressing. .
- You can use any kind of small pasta such as bowtie, radiatore, small shells or mini penne.
- Use good quality Italian salami.
- Chop the vegetables small so they complement the pasta.
- If you don’t like something make a substitution. For instance if you don’t like artichoke hearts substitute black olives. As I always say don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.
- Use your favorite bottled or fresh Italian dressing. I have one right here.
- This pasta salad can be made up to a day in advance however you might want to add a couple tablespoons of Italian dressing to freshen it up.
Wouldn’t this be so pretty for a party? I think it would look so pretty for a summer patio party or even a holiday Christmas party. It is an economically friendly recipe as well. What are you waiting for? Put the ingredients on your shopping list today and make yourself an amazing Italian Pasta Salad.
Other pasta salads you will love!
Easy Italian Pasta Salad
This Easy Italian Pasta Salad is so simple and so attractive that you can make it for a weeknight meal, lunch or even for a crowd.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: pasta salad
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
- 16 ounces Rotini Pasta dry
- 1/2 cup diced italian style salami
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped bell peppers
- 1 cup small cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup drained chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup thin sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well and cool.
- In large bowl combine cooked rotini pasta, salami, chopped bell peppers, mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts, grape tomatoes, red onions and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Toss with Italian dressing and sprinkle with parsley. Salt and pepper to taste.
Keywords: cold pasta salad with Italian dressing, pasta salad recipe with Italian dressing, cold Italian pasta salad
On the hunt for more delicious recipes? Follow Small Town Woman on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
This post was originally published November 1, 2016 and was republished April 22, 2019 with new content.https://www.smalltownwoman.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Beth-1.pdf
Steven M Berry-Brooks
What do you think about adding chopped pepperoni as well? I have worked in many place that served pasta salad with pepperoni its usually a keeper. I can’t wait to try this amazing new recipe.
Pepperoni is very good in this pasta salad. Enjoy and thanks for reminding us of that.
I made this the other day and the whole family loved it. We loved all the flavorful ingredients in this wonderful pasta salad. I will be making it again.
Made this for the family and it was a hit!
I’ve made a variation of this salad for years, but absolutely LOVED this version. The artichoke hearts and bell peppers were a very welcome addition – it was so good!
Pasta salads are one of my favorites. Looks delicious!
This is the best pasta salad recipe I’ve ever tried! My family always loves it, and I always get asked for the recipe
Y is there two listings of tomatoes? When do you add parsley? After you mix w dressing. Going to make soon for picnic, think will go well w chicken cutlets
Thanks for the heads up! I have fixed the recipe. It will go great with the chicken.
This is my favorite go-to salad!! I love how colorful & tasty it is! It’s a summer must for sure!
This pasta salad was so easy and delicious – its a keeper!
Love this pasta salad, one of the best ones I’ve had! I will definitely make it again.
This looks like a great classic that would be great for bbq’s this summer.
This is our favorite pasta salad! The perfect summer dish for any potluck or picnic.
Love this flavorful, easy salad! A go-to recipe for sure!
I love a good pasta salad and this one sounds delicious! Love that you added artichokes too, will definitely be trying this!
This is my kind of salad! I love pasta salad and especially ones with so many wonderful additions! I love that you added artichoke hearts too, I really don’t add them to enough dishes!
Thanks Annie! I hope you enjoy it!
This pasta salad is so delicious! I love the addition of artichoke hearts.
This looks so delicious, and I love the tips you gave for making it! I can’t wait to try it for our next family get-together. Thanks!
Thanks so much Jennifer! I hope you enjoy it!!