This is so easy to make and so full of flavor. You can serve it with chips on the top or you can just eat it straight away like my son says!
You can use the tortilla chips to scoop or you can crunch them up a little finer and mix them in!
The casserole is so tasty that you won’t even notice the chips!
You can modify the recipe to be rather mild or hot as a firecracker! Enjoy my friends!Print
Chicken Taco Casserole
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 15 oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes original
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ancho chili pepper powder
- Sour cream
- Green onions
- Cilantro or Lettuce
- Black Olives
- Coarsely crushed potato chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine chicken, black beans, cream of chicken soup, Rotel tomatoes, sour cream, 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, cumin, chili powder and Ancho chili pepper powder.
- Bake covered for 25 minutes. Remove cover and bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes uncovered.
- Sprinkle with green onions, tomatoes, cilantro, black olives and crushed tortilla chips.