These delicious Ground Beef Tacos are made super easy with lean ground beef and a select handful of spices that you probably have on hand. Top with your choice of fixings and taco Tuesday has never been easier. For a complete fiesta I love to serve these with Mexican Shrimp Cocktail and Chicken Enchilada Soup.
If your family is anything like ours than they are crazy over tacos! We are a bunch of taco loving fools. I personally think that tacos should be a separate food group. Have you tried any of my other taco recipes? Barbacoa Tacos and Chicken Soft Tacos are two of our favorites.
How to make tacos with ground beef
Making ground beef tacos is as simple as browning the ground beef with a little chopped onion in it. Then add the spices, salt, pepper and a little bit of beef or chicken broth and let it simmer for a few minutes. Finally scoop the beef mixture it into your shells and top with lettuce, sun-ripened tomatoes, shredded cheese, jalapeno rings and whatever else your little heart desires.
Ground Beef Tacos make the perfect weeknight meal
Whether you like crispy taco shells or soft taco shells dinner does not get much easier or more delicious. These tacos can be dressed and on the table in less than twenty minutes making them the ideal weeknight meal. With just a handful of spices even your teenager can get these made for dinner. If you are always in a hurry make a double portion of the ground beef mixture and freeze half of it for up to two months for yet another delicious taco meal.
How to make homemade taco seasoning for ground beef
Simply mix together a triple or quadruple batch of the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, oregano and red pepper flakes. Store in an airtight container for up to six months. Use about 2 1/2 tablespoons for each pound of ground beef when making tacos. You can also use it in soups, fajitas, Taco Pasta Salad and even as a dry rub for chicken, beef or pork.
What toppings do you put on a taco?
The possibilities are simply endless but here a few of my favorites. Ideally set up a taco bar and let your family and friends select which toppings they like the best.
- chopped lettuce (iceberg)
- chopped tomatoes
- shredded cheese
- pickled jalapenos
- thinly sliced red onion
- chopped or torn cilantro
- sour cream
- thinly sliced jalapenos
- black olives
Ground Beef Tacos
These scrumptious ground beef tacos with homemade taco seasoning are easy and quick for busy family weeknight meals. Be sure to read the section of the post on the best taco toppings.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 tacos 1x
- Category: main meal beef
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons beef or chicken broth (see notes)
- 8 taco shells (either crunchy or soft)
- Chopped lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Shredded cheese (cheddar, cheddar Jack, Monterey Jack)
- Pickled Jalapenos
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef breaking it up as it cooks. About halfway through the browning process add the onion. Drain any excess grease.
- Turn the heat to low. Add the chili powder, cumin, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano, crushed red pepper, and beef broth. Simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Divide beef mixture evenly between the taco shells. Top with desired toppings. Serve promptly. 5
- You can also use water but the broth contributes more flavor.
Keywords: best ground beef taco recipe, ground beef taco seasoning, how to make tacos with ground beef