These easy Pickled Jalapenos are slightly sweet tame peppers perfect for snacking, sandwiches, burgers and adding to recipes. These tasty bites are made with seven ingredients in about fifteen minutes.
If you love peppers but you have a tendency to stray away from jalapenos because of the heat than this recipe is for you. A little bit of sugar really tames these jalapenos. I love to add them to chili, tacos, burritos, enchiladas, nachos, omelettes and sandwiches. The possibilities are endless as they add so much depth and flavor to almost any savory dish. I like to serve them in Barbacoa Tacos, Mexican Omelette and Juicy Lucy.
How do you make Pickled Jalapenos?
Start by adding the water, vinegar, sugar, salt and garlic to a large pot over high heat. Next slice your jalapenos in thin rounds. Make sure you wear gloves and be careful not to touch your face. Discard the stem end of the jalapenos. Then dice the onion into bite size pieces.
Bring the pot to a low boil and stir in your jalapenos and onions. Then remove from the heat. Let sit for about ten to fifteen minutes. Using tongs remove the peppers from the pot and place in canning jars. Now pour the pickling solution over the peppers, cover and refrigerate until needed.
Helpful tips for Pickling Peppers
- Choose mild peppers that are uniformly green in color and free of striations or blemishes.
- When working with jalapenos wear gloves and do not touch your face. Wash up thoroughly after finishing.
- If you are a garlic fanatic increase the crushed cloves to 3-4.
- These pickled peppers are not shelf stable and they must be refrigerated.
- If you don’t have canning jars let the peppers and solution cool down in the pot. Then use an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
- Store in the fridge for up to two months.
What to use Pickled Peppers on?
Delicious and easy Pickled Jalapeno Peppers that come together in less than fifteen minutes. These mild peppers are perfect for tacos, burgers, burritos, sandwiches and omelettes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 20 servings 1x
- Category: snacks
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Southern
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 clove garlic crushed
- 10 jalapenos thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion diced bite size
- In a large pot over high heat bring water, vinegar, sugar, salt and garlic to a boil.
- Add jalapenos and onions. Remove from heat and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Using tongs remove peppers and onions from the pot and place in canning jars. Pour the pickling solutions over the peppers, cover and refrigerate.
Keywords: how to pickle jalapenos, quick pickled jalapenos, pickled jalapeno peppers