School started this morning so the race has begun. I was up earlier this morning trying to make sure that the kids got to school on time and hubby made it to work on time. Summer vacation is over and now every minute of every day counts more than ever before. This lip smacking good Hamburger Steak with Country Gravy is so quick to come together. It is a family favorite and even my picky son loves it. Are you finding yourself stretched thin already? Have you tried any of my other easy quick recipes? 30 Minute Stuffed Pepper Soup, Ham Swiss Parmesan Crescents and One Skillet Savory Beef Tips and Gravy are just a few on my favorites. You can also sign up for recipes via e-mail. On my home page at the bottom is a follow button. Enter your e-mail and you will receive my new recipes via e-mail. This may help you stay on track this school year. No worries, we got this covered.
This delectable Hamburger Steak with Country Gravy combines ground beef patties, bread crumbs and a perfect blend of spices in creamy country gravy. These patties are onion free making them super kid friendly however if you like onions please feel free to add them. This recipe comes together in about thirty five minutes making it a weeknight doable recipe. I like serving it with mashed potatoes but Amish egg noodles are delicious as well.
So if time is becoming very precious yet you love the idea of making home cooked delicious lip smacking good recipes for your family than this Hamburger Steak with Country Gravy is right up your alley. Your family will be singing your praises and asking for more.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of onion powder
- 3 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Egg noodles or mashed potatoes
- In large bowl mix together beef, bread crumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, salt, onion powder and garlic powder. Shape into six patties. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Brown patties on both sides; approximately 4-5 minutes per side. Remove patties to oven proof plate and place in oven at 300 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In same skillet over medium low heat melt butter. Whisk in flour, cayenne, garlic powder and onion powder. Continue whisking until golden brown and fragrant; about 10 minutes. Slowly add milk whisking continuously. Simmer until slightly thickened; approximately 2-3 minutes. Gravy will thicken more upon cooling. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Add patties back to the pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.
Other delicious hamburger recipes you will love!!