Hamburger Steak with Country Gravy is a quick inexpensive ground beef recipe that is prepared in one skillet. It makes a perfect weeknight comfort dinner.
School started this morning so the race has begun. I was up earlier this morning trying to make sure that the kids got to school on time and hubby made it to work on time. Summer vacation is over and now every minute of every day counts more than ever before. This lip smacking good Hamburger Steak with Country Gravy is so quick to come together. It is a family favorite and even my picky son loves it. Are you finding yourself stretched thin already? Have you tried any of my other easy quick recipes? 30 Minute Stuffed Pepper Soup, Ham Swiss Parmesan Crescents and One Skillet Savory Beef Tips and Gravy are just a few on my favorites. You can also sign up for recipes via e-mail. On my home page at the bottom is a follow button. Enter your e-mail and you will receive my new recipes via e-mail. This may help you stay on track this school year. No worries, we got this covered.
This delectable Hamburger Steak with Country Gravy combines ground beef patties, bread crumbs and a perfect blend of spices in creamy country gravy. These patties are onion free making them super kid friendly however if you like onions please feel free to add them. This recipe comes together in about thirty five minutes making it a weeknight doable recipe. I like serving it with mashed potatoes but Amish egg noodles are delicious as well. You can also serve right on hamburger buns or with soft rolls on the side.
How to prepare Hamburger Steaks and Gravy.
These are so easy to prepare. You are going to mix your ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce and spices in a big bowl. Shape into patties and cook in a large skillet with a little oil. Once browned remove to oven proof plate and place in oven to finish cooking while you make the gravy.
In same skillet over low heat melt butter. Whisk in flour and spices. Cook until browned and fragrant; whisking continuously. Whisk in milk and simmer for a few minutes until slightly thickened. Add patties back to pan and warm.
It is just that simple and delicious! It the perfect family meal and a great recipe.
Ground beef is a staple around here. It is relatively inexpensive, versatile and easy to work with! Here are some more Ground Beef Recipes.
So if time is becoming very precious yet you love the idea of making home cooked delicious lip smacking good recipes for your family than this Hamburger Steak with Country Gravy is right up your alley. Your family will be singing your praises and asking for more.
Hamburger Steak with Country Gravy
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of onion powder
- 3 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Egg noodles or mashed potatoes
- In large bowl mix together beef, bread crumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, salt, onion powder and garlic powder. Shape into six patties. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Brown patties on both sides; approximately 4-5 minutes per side. Remove patties to oven proof plate and place in oven at 300 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In same skillet over medium low heat melt butter. Whisk in flour, cayenne, garlic powder and onion powder. Continue whisking until golden brown and fragrant; about 10 minutes. Slowly add milk whisking continuously. Simmer until slightly thickened; approximately 2-3 minutes. Gravy will thicken more upon cooling. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Add patties back to the pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.