Well the New Year is upon us and with it comes the realization that maybe we have eaten too many Christmas cookies and maybe drank a little too much wine and booze. A little side note here did you know that a good dry champagne is low in sugar and carbohydrates. The carbohydrate content of champagne is lower than that of other types of wine. Just a little FYI because I know that sometimes you just need to cut loose a little.
It is time to clean up our diets a bit and see if we can give our bodies the energy and nutrients it needs to perform at its best. In my world that never means sacrificing flavor or meals. This Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Honey Mustard Vinaigrette brings it all together with fresh baby spinach, bacon, hard boiled eggs, red onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and croutons. The warm bacon honey mustard vinaigrette is just perfect with this and is bursting with flavor.
Have you tried any of my other salads? Mediterranean Ciabatta Bread Salad, Honey Mustard Chicken Snap Pea Salad and Roasted Vegetable Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette are just a few of mine and hubby’s favorites. This Loaded Greek Chicken Avocado Salad from Cafe Delites is simply amazing and one of our blogging com-padres favorites. I love a good salad packed with amazing flavors. So easy to put together, so filling and so flavorful.
So if you are on the mend from your crazy holiday bliss, like to watch what you eat and still enjoy all the flavors of an amazing meal, or simply love a good salad than this Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Honey Mustard Vinaigrette is perfect for you! Put it on your to try list and leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 10 cups baby spinach
- 3 hard boiled eggs peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced buttons mushrooms (2–3 large)
- 1 cup herb butter croutons
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay bacon on cookie sheet and place in oven. Bake for 7-8 minutes and flip. Bake for 5-6 additional minutes or until golden brown. Move bacon to paper towels. Pour 1-1 1/2 tablespoons of bacon grease into small saucepan over low heat. Add garlic and cook for 60 seconds. Whisk in cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, sea salt and black pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Cover and turn off heat.
- Coarsely chop bacon. In large bowl add baby spinach, eggs, red onions, tomatoes mushrooms, croutons and chopped bacon. Drizzle salad with Warm Bacon Honey Mustard Vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Other salad recipes you will love!