These delectable Andes Mint Cookies will hit your sweet spot just right. They are slightly crispy on the outside, slightly chewy on the inside and smothered with a melted Andes mint.
These Andes Mint Cookies are a friend and family favorite. They are perfect for holiday parties, gift giving and potlucks.
Well this weekend was particularly busy as we are trying to prepare for spring. Hubby spent a lot of time working in the yard, cleaning out the flower beds, burning the old thatch on the zoysia grass and getting ready for Easter, our daughters birthday (at least when we are celebrating it) and April Fool’s day which all happen to fall on the same day this year. I spent a lot of my time inside the house preparing for the same, doing laundry, blogging and baking these Andes Mint Cookies.
We have always been a huge fan of Andes Mints. I remember when my parents used to take us to some of the high end hotels and they would leave those on our pillow at night. If my memory serves me correct I remember Santa putting those in our stockings too. It’s no wonder that I still love Andes mints. These Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies are perfect. They are slightly crispy on the outside, slightly chewy on the inside and smothered with a melted Andes mint. They are super easy to fix and quite indulgent.
How to make Andes Mint Cookies.
First in a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Go ahead and set that aside. You will back to it shortly.
Grab a saucepan and over low heat cook butter, brown sugar and coffee until creamy and melted. Make sure you stir frequently. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips and the mint extract. Let the mixture cool for a little bit. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
Then stir the flour mixture in to the wet mixture in four parts. Cover and refrigerate the dough for several hours up to overnight. Scoop the dough onto well greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheets and bake. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for one minute. Place one unwrapped Andes Mint on each cookie and allow it to melt for a couple of minutes. Swirl the Andes mint with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Finally carefully remove the cookies to cookie cooling racks.
What are Andes Mints and where can I find them.
Andes Chocolate Mints are petite rectangular confectioneries consisting of one mint layer sandwiched in between two chocolate layers. They are wrapped in green foil with their company logo and usually come in multi packs. They are available in your finer local grocery stores and sometimes Walgreens or CVS.
These delectable Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies will hit your sweet spot just right. The dough can be mixed up the day before stored in the fridge and scooped out and baked. When pulled out of the oven a scrumptious Andes mint is placed on the top, allowed to melt and then spread out with a spatula. Can you say scrumpdillylicious?
This post was originally published February 27, 2018 and republished November 2, 2018 with new content.
Other cookie recipes you will love!!
- Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lemon Ricotta Cookies
- Small Batch Almond Joy Cookies
- Homemade Sugar Cookies
Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies
These delectable Andes Mint Cookies are slightly crispy on the outside, slightly chewy on the inside and smothered with a melted Andes mint.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes plus chilling time
- Yield: 36
- Category: cookies
- Method: stove top and bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh brewed dark coffee
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon mint or peppermint extract
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 30-40 Andes mints (unwrapped)
- In small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat cook butter, brown sugar and coffee until creamy and melted; stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips and mint extract. Let cool for 10-15 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Stir the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture in about 4 parts. Cover and refrigerate dough for 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick baking spray. Using 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop space cookie about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Let sit for 1 minute before placing Andes mint on the top of cookie; gently press 1 mint in the top of each cookie. Allow to sit for 1-2 minutes to fully melt. Swirl with small spatula or the back of the spoon.
If the dough is refrigerated overnight it will be quite stiff but the cookies will still turn out marvelous. When placing the Andes mints on top of the baked cookie press the mint in gently about an 1/8 of an inch.
Keywords: Andes mint cookies, chocolate mint cookies, Andes mint chocolate cookies, cookies, mint cookies, Christmas cookies