These Small Batch Almond Joy Cookies are the perfect blend of coconut, semi sweet chocolate and sliced almonds. They can be baked and frozen ahead of time.
This is the time of year for all things cookie! One of my favorite candy bars is Almond Joy. To me they are amazing. What is your favorite candy bar? Are you a snickers fan? Maybe you prefer a Twix or a 3 Musketeers. These Small Batch Almond Joy Cookies are the perfect blend of coconut, semi sweet chocolate and sliced almonds. They are simply amazing and I had better freeze them before I eat way too many of these delectable beauties.
“Baking cookies is comforting, and cookies are the sweetest little bit of comfort food. They are very bite-sized and personal.” – Sandra Lee
How to freeze and thaw cookies
Small Batch Almond Joy Cookies can be baked and frozen ahead of time. I pack all my cookies in doubled Ziploc freezer bags and place them in sturdy glad-ware containers. When defrosting take them out of the containers frozen and place on serving trays or platters uncovered. Never allow them to defrost in the plastic and the containers. The condensation that builds in there will ruin the cookies!
“I think cookies are sort of the unsung sweet, you know? They’re incredibly popular. But everybody thinks of cakes and pies and fancier desserts before they think cookies. A plate of cookies is a great way to end dinner and really nice to share at the holidays.” – Bobby Flay
My darling daughter just loves these cookies and has declared that they are her new favorites. Do you have your holiday baking list together. These are perfect and they are a small batch recipe making it even better for your Christmas baking because if your family is anything like ours you will have fifteen cookies on your list. These Small Batch Almond Joy Cookies are just amazing!!
“I like cookies, any cookie you put in front of me – animal cookies, sugar cookies, anything crunchy.” – Maria Shriver
Find lots of incredibly fun cookie quotes at BrainyQuote!
How to make Almond Joy Cookies
In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt and set aside. Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and the egg and mix just until incorporated.
Slowly blend the dry mixture into the creamed butter mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips, coconut flakes and the sliced almonds. Bake on parchment covered baking sheets and remove to cookie cooling racks after ten minutes.
Tips for making Almond Joy Cookies
- Always preheat your oven and load your cookies on the center rack in the middle of the oven.
- Use real unsalted sweet cream butter and don’t forget to soften it.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy however do not over-mix.
- Bring your eggs to room temperature.
- Use good quality premium chocolate, sliced almonds and coconut. It really does make a difference.
- Cover your baking sheets with parchment paper or better yet use silicone baking mats.
- Last but not least and perhaps the most important tip of all. Bake a couple of cookies off first on a test run. If they spread too fast refrigerate the dough for 1-2 hours and test again. If they do not spread enough gently press the rounded spoonfuls of dough down with the palm of your hand and test again.
Other delicious cookies you will love!
- Homemade Sugar Cookies
- Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Fresh Blueberry Cookies with an Orange Glaze
- Salty and Sweet Cashew Toffee Cookies
This post was originally published October 24, 2017 and was republished September 12, 2019 with new content.Print
Small Batch Almond Joy Cookies
These delectable cookies will remind you of one of your favorite candy bars. They are the perfect blend of sweet coconut, semi sweet chocolate and sliced almonds . They can be baked and frozen ahead of time.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/8 cups all purpose flour (1 cup plus two tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened (1 stick)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes (shredded coconut)
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In small bowl whisk to combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using mixer cream butter and sugars. Add vanilla and egg and mix just until incorporated. Slowly blend the dry mixture into the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, coconut flakes and sliced almonds.
- Using 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop drop by rounded spoonfuls onto parchment covered cookie sheets. Bake for 9-12 minutes. Allow to cool for ten minutes before moving to cookie cooling racks.
Makes 24-26 cookies
I had a reader report that you need to keep an eye on these cookies starting at 9 minutes. That they really start to brown up fast. I have not had a chance to remake these cookies since I purchased a new oven.
Keywords: almond joy cookies, cookies, chocolate chip cookies, almond joy cookie recipe, Christmas cookies