These Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies are thick, yet soft, melt in your mouth cookies full of chunks of rich chocolate and chopped pecans. Better than bakery cookies they will put you on the top of the list with your cookie loving friends.
Look at those beauties. Now these are chocolate chip cookies. I have the secret to good thick cookies that melt in your mouth! You are going to love them.
I always split my batch in half. One half with pecans and one half without. Are you a nut lover or are you a lovers nut? Whatever the case may be prepare accordingly.
How to make Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies!
First in a medium sized bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set this aside as you will get back to it very soon.
Using a mixer cream butter, brown sugar and sugar. This may take several minutes to get the butter and sugar light and fluffy. Add vanilla and the eggs, one at a time mixing just until incorporated. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in three parts mixing just until combined. Make sure you scrape down the beater and bowl to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips and the pecans. Spoon on to parchment covered cookie sheets and bake just until the tops start to brown.
Let cool for ten minutes and then move to cookie cooling racks. Store in airtight containers. Look at those beauties! Makes you want a few, doesn’t it?
These gorgeous Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect for anytime of the year. They are just right for a birthday party, neighborhood shindig, potluck or holiday party.
Helpful hints to make these Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies epic!
- Always preheat your oven and load your cookies in the center of the oven.
- Use real unsalted sweet cream butter.
- Make sure you cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. However do not over-mix. Butter and sugar is over-mixed when the butter begins to separate.
- Use good quality chocolate. It really does make a difference.
- If you do not like pecans, try walnuts or omit them all together.
- Cover your baking sheets with parchment paper or use silicone baking mats.
- Bake just until lightly browned. Chocolate Chip Cookies are best just slightly under cooked…or at least in opinion.
- Last but not least and perhaps the most important tip of all. Bake a few cookies off on a test run. If they spread too fast refrigerate the dough for 1-2 hours and test again. If they do not spread enough gently press the rounded spoonfuls of dough down with the palm of your hand and test again.
These extraordinary cookies are perfect for any occasion whether it be small or large. Are you baking this holiday season? If so put these delights on your cookie list and let me know what you think. Go ahead! I know you want them. What’s stopping you?
Other cookie recipes you will love!
- Homemade Sugar Cookies
- Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- The Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Small Batch Almond Joy Cookies
This post was originally published November 30, 2015 and was republished September 1, 2019 with new content.Print
Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
These scrumptious Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies are thick soft cookies full of chunks of semi-sweet chocolate and chopped pecans. The cookies can be baked and frozen for 2-3 weeks. For best results flash freeze and then move to freezer bags placed in sturdy ziploc freezer containers. Freeze for up to 3 months by shaping into individual balls and flash freezing. These are best also placed in freezer bags and then in sturdy ziploc freezer containers.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 25 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 (4 ounce) bars Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate baking bars chopped.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside. In stand mixer on medium speed cream butter, brown sugar and sugar. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time mixing just until incorporated.
- Add dry mixture slowly to butter mixture. Scraping bowl several times. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoons on to ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until the tops start to brown.
If you would like to do half the batch without nuts you will only need 1/2 cup of nuts. Mix in after you have baked off 1/2 of the cookies.
Keywords: best chocolate chip cookies, homemade chocolate chip cookies, how to make chocolate chip cookies