These Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies are thick, yet soft, melt in your mouth cookies full of chunks of rich chocolate. Better than bakery cookies they will put you on the top of the list with your cookie loving friends.
Look at those beauties. Now these are chocolate chip cookies. I have the secret to good thick cookies that melt in your mouth! You are going to love them.
I always split my batch in half. One half with pecans and one half without. Are you a nut lover or are you a lovers nut? Whatever the case may be prepare accordingly.
How to make Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies!
First in a medium sized bowl blend flour, baking soda, salt and set aside
Using a mixer combine butter, brown sugar and sugar. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time mixing just until incorporated. Add the flour mixture to butter mixture in three parts mixing just until combined. Make sure you scrape the beater and bowl down to combine. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Spoon on to parchment covered cookie sheets and bake just until the tops start to brown.
Let cool for ten minutes and then move to cookie cooling racks. Store in airtight containers. Look at those beauties! Makes you want a few doesn’t it?
These gorgeous Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect for anytime of the year. They are just right for a birthday party, neighborhood shindig, potluck or holiday party.
Helpful hints to make this Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe epic!
- Make sure you cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Use good quality chocolate. It really does matter
- Bake just until lightly browned. Chocolate Chip Cookies are best just slightly under cooked…or at least in opinion.
These extraordinary cookies are perfect for any occasion whether it be small or large. Are you baking this holiday season? If so put these delights on your cookie list and let me know what you think. Go ahead! I know you want them. What’s stopping you?
Other cookie recipes you will love!
- Homemade Sugar Cookies
- Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- The Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Small Batch Almond Joy Cookies
This post was originally published November 30, 2015 and was republished October 3rd, 2018.Print
Thick Chocolate Chunk Pecan Cookies
These scrumptious Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies are thick, yet soft, melt in your mouth cookies full of chunks of rich chocolate.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 25
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 (4 ounce) bars Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate baking bars chopped.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside. In stand mixer on medium speed cream butter, brown sugar and sugar. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time mixing just until incorporated.
- Add dry mixture slowly to butter mixture. Scraping bowl several times. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoons on to ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until the tops start to brown.
If you would like to do half the batch without nuts you will only need 1/2 cup of nuts. Mix in after you have baked off 1/2 of the cookies.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, thick cookies, cookies, Christmas cookies