This mouthwatering Egg Burger is topped with crisp smoked bacon and creamy chipotle mayo. You can use either ground beef or ground turkey. The ground meat is mixed with minced onion and jalapeno for a full robust flavor. For a full meal serve with Corn Salad with Easy Lime Vinaigrette or Easy Baked Sweet Potato Fries.
You can top this Egg Burger with any of your favorites however we really love topping it with Colby Jack cheese, red onion, tomato and butter lettuce. My husband and I absolutely love this burger. There is just a special place in our heart for unusual burgers and this one fits that bill! This robust flavor packed grilled burger is not for the faint of heart or the tame but if you love big bold taste than this has your name written all over it. This big beautiful beauty is quick to whip up and the chipotle mayo can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge.
How do you make an Egg Burger with Bacon and Chipotle Mayo?
First mix the mayo and the adobo sauce and set aside. Then combine the onion, ground turkey or ground beef, and jalapeno in a small bowl. Mix and shape the ground meat into two hamburger patties. Press thumb into the top of each patty and make a small indentation to keep the burger from swelling too much in the middle. Preheat the grill to medium high (400 degrees) and cook burgers for about five minutes on each side. Place one piece of cheese on each burger in the last minute of cooking. Remove from heat and cover.
Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add the two eggs and cook over medium low heat until the whites are firm. Remove from the grill, cover and keep in the pan to stay warm while you assemble the burgers.
Toast the buns lightly and spread with chipotle mayo. Top with bacon, tomato, red onions, lettuce and and of course the fried egg.
Helpful tips for making an Egg Burger
- Prepare the bacon and chipotle mayo ahead of time.
- Jalapenos are fairly mild if chosen properly. However if you have a sensitive stomach you can eliminate them and the burgers will still be delicious.
- If you like a lot of heat add a little more minced jalapeno.
- When grilling burgers with ground beef go with ground chuck (80 percent lean) as you need a little fat in the meat to give it more flavor, keep it from getting too dry and keep it from sticking to the grill.
- Cook your burgers to your desired doneness. We like ours medium well.
- If using ground turkey spritz or brush the burgers with a little oil as turkey has a tendency to stick to the grill.
How do you pick mild jalapenos?
With just a little patience and understanding you can pick jalapenos that are really flavorful yet mild. Look for the younger peppers that are and green and smooth all over. They should be free of any striations. These young peppers are less stressed and milder. The red peppers are older and hotter. Take your time picking the best peppers and also remember to scoop out the veins and seeds. If you really like your jalapeno peppers hot leave the seeds and veins in or leave a portion of them.
Where do I find adobo sauce for the Egg Burger?
Chipotle peppers packed in adobo sauce are in the Mexican food section of your grocery store. They come in a small (7 ounce) can. You only need a little bit of the sauce for this recipe but you can freeze the peppers and the rest of the sauce for future recipes. Freeze flat in a freezer bag. Then you can break off a small piece when you need it. The peppers and the sauce can be used in salad dressings, meat marinades, tacos, nachos, burritos, sauces, dips and soups.
Other egg recipes you will love!
- Creamy Egg Salad Recipe
- Egg Foo Young
- Egg Sandwich
- Southwest Egg Burrito
- Breakfast Egg Muffins 3 Ways
This post was originally published July 26, 2014 and was republished April 18, 2019 with new content.Print
Egg Burgers with Bacon and Chipotle May
This mouthwatering good Egg Burger is topped with crisp smoked bacon and creamy chipotle mayo. You can use either ground beef or ground turkey.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 burgers 1x
- Category: main meal beef
- Method: grill and stove top
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/3 lb. ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 slices crispy cooked bacon
- 2 thin slices tomato
- thin slices red onion
- 4 leaves butter lettuce
- 2 hamburger buns or English muffins
- 2 slices Colby Jack cheese
- Mix the mayo and adobe sauce and refrigerate.
- Combine the ground beef or turkey, onion, jalapeno, salt and pepper in small bowl. Mix and shape into two hamburger patties. Press thumb into the top of each patty and make small indentation to keep the burger from swelling in the middle. Preheat the grill to medium high and cook burgers for about 5 minutes on each side. Place 1 piece of cheese on each burger in the last minute of cooking. Remove from heat and loosely cover.
- Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add 2 eggs and cook over medium low heat until whites are firm. Remove from heat. Cover and keep in pan to stay warm.
- Toast buns. Spread with chipotle mayo. Add one cheeseburger to each bun. Top with bacon, tomato, red onion, lettuce and the sunny side up egg.
- You can find the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in the Mexican/Hispanic food section of your local grocery store.
Keywords: burger with fried egg, fried egg burger, breakfast burger, bacon burger with fried egg, cheeseburger with fried egg