This delectable corn salad brings it all together with fresh corn, sweet red bell peppers, sun ripened tomatoes, cilantro, minced jalapeno, chopped scallions and feta cheese all in a lightly sweetened lime vinaigrette. It goes beautifully with Grilled Marinated Chicken or Dry Rub Sweet Barbecue Pork Tenderloin.
Do you like corn? We are huge corn lovers! There is nothing better than sweet fresh corn. This super easy corn salad comes together so quickly and tastes so incredibly fresh. If fresh corn is not available you can substitute good quality canned corn.
How do you make Corn Salad with Easy Lime Vinaigrette?
In small bowl whisk together lime juice, honey, ground cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking continuously. Set the vinaigrette aside while you work on the salad.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the sugar and lemon juice and stir to dissolve. Carefully add the corn to the boiling water, cover the pot, turn off the heat and let the corn sit for about ten minutes. Plunge the corn into cold water to stop the cooking process. Once the corn has cooled cut it from the cob.
Grab a large bowl and add the cooked corn, diced red peppers, grape tomato halves, cilantro, green onions, minced jalapenos, feta and red onion. Drizzle with the lime vinaigrette and toss to coat.
Tips for making Corn Salad
- If at all possible use fresh corn. Either white, yellow or bi color corn. Simply boil the corn and cut it right off the cob.
- Don’t overcook the corn. Corn cooks fairly fast and you want your kernels to have a little bit of sweet crisp corn taste.
- If you are a cilantro hater substitute fresh parsley. It is equally delicious!
- In a hurry? Make the lime vinaigrette the day before and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Dice and cut your vegetables small. You want all your vegetable to complement the corn.
- Don’t skip the feta cheese. It really pulls the whole salad together and is the icing on the cake.
What is the difference between white and yellow corn?
There is very little nutritional or taste difference between these two corns. Some people swear that white corn is sweeter and just as many people claim that yellow corn is the sweeter one. Yellow corn has a naturally occurring pigment that makes it slightly higher in beta carotene giving it a little more of nutritional edge over white corn. Other than that the difference is in the color of the kernels. White, yellow and bi-color corn are all delicious in this recipe. There is no corn color bias here.
Other corn recipes you will love!
- Corn Chowder with Bacon and Potatoes
- Cornbread Salad
- Easy Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Black Eyed Pea Kielbasa Sausage Corn Chowder
- Mexican Corn Dip
Corn Salad with Easy Lime Vinaigrette
This delectable corn salad brings it all together with fresh corn, sweet red bell peppers, sun ripened tomatoes, cilantro, minced jalapeno, chopped scallions and feta cheese all in a lightly sweetened lime vinaigrette.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: side
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 ears of corn shucked and de-silked
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 red pepper cut in small dice
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 jalapeno minced (seeds and veins removed)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- In small bowl whisk lime juice, honey, ground cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil; whisking continuously.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the sugar and lemon juice; stir to dissolve. Carefully add the corn to boiling water, cover pot, turn off heat and let the corn sit for 10 minutes. Plunge cooked corn into ice cold water to stop the cooking process. When corn has cooled cut it from the cob.
- Grab a large bowl and add the cooked corn, diced red peppers, grape tomato halves, cilantro, green onions, minced jalapenos, feta and red onion. Drizzle with the lime vinaigrette and toss to coat.
Keywords: corn salad, salad, barbecue sides, recipes using fresh corn