This easy Beer Cheese Dip is a tasty quick snack made with eight ingredients on the stove top. It is delicious served with crostini, pretzels, broccoli, pepper wedges, carrot and celery sticks. This tasty treat is perfect for game day parties and movie night.
Have you ever tried beer cheese? It is so darn delicious and so incredibly versatile. Of course you really need to like beer to love this cheese. But doesn’t everyone love beer? You can serve this treat warm as a dipping cheese with broccoli, peppers, carrots and celery or chilled as a spreadable cheese over crackers, soft pretzels and crostini. It reheats perfectly in the microwave and can be prepared on the stove top or in a slow cooker for parties.
How do you make Beer Cheese Dip?
Stove Top Method
First in a medium sized saucepan melt the cream cheese over low heat stirring several times. Whisk in the beer, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and mustard until smooth. Now whisk in the cheddar in three to four parts whisking after each addition until melted. Finally whisk in the sriracha to taste.
Slow Cooker Method
In a mini slow cooker on low add the cream cheese, beer, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard and finely shredded cheddar cheese. Stir about every 15 minutes for about 1 – 1 1/2 hours or until smooth and creamy.
Tips for making Beer Cheese Dip
- Use full fat cream cheese and cheddar cheese. It melts better, blends better and tastes better.
- Melt the cheese over low heat and whisk frequently to prevent any burning on the bottom.
- You are going to taste the beer so pick a beer that you like to drink. If you want a milder beer flavor go for a light beer or pale ale. For a more robust beer flavor pick a dark ale or stout. Stay away from beers with distinct flavors like vanilla, pumpkin, chocolate, lemon, grapefruit etc.
- Use good quality cheddar cheese. It really does make a difference.
- This cheese is delicious both warm and cold.
- To reheat place in a microwavable bowl, cover with a paper towel and heat at 50% power for 1 minute intervals stirring between each interval until warm.
- Leftovers are delicious over scrambled eggs, pan fried chicken, cooked pasta, grilled hamburgers and baked potatoes.
Other party snacks that you will love!
- Jalapeno Popper Pinwheel Recipe
- Cream Cheese Wontons with Chicken and Pepper Jack
- Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls
- Bacon Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms
- Supreme Pizza Dip
Beer Cheese Dip
An easy versatile Beer Cheese Dip that can be prepared on the stove top or in the slow cooker. For a warm dip serve with crostini, broccoli, carrots, celery or soft baked salted pretzels . For a cool dip spread over crackers, pretzel chips, or crusty french bread slices.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup beer (I use a pale ale)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar finely shredded
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon sriracha (to taste)
- In a medium sized saucepan melt the cream cheese over low heat stirring several times. Whisk in the beer, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and mustard until smooth.
- Whisk in the cheddar in three to four parts; whisking after each addition until melted. Finally whisk in the sriracha to taste.
- Serve with crostini, broccoli, carrots, celery or soft baked salted pretzels .
To prepare in a slow cooker: In a mini slow cooker on low add the cream cheese, beer, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard and finely shredded cheddar cheese. Stir every 15 minutes for 1 – 1 1/2 hours or until smooth and creamy.
Keywords: beer cheese, beer cheese dip crock pot, beer cheese dip for pretzels, beer cheese dip recipe, best beer cheese dip, cold beer cheese dip, crockpot beer cheese dip, easy beer cheese dip, hot beer cheese dip