This incredibly scrumptious and easy Taco Dip Recipe with a sour cream and cream cheese base comes together in less than ten minutes, complete with all of your favorite toppings. It is always a huge hit at potlucks, family reunions, and holiday parties.
I love to serve this with good sturdy tortilla chips, assorted veggie sticks, or cucumber slices for a great low-carb option. This dip, Baked Brie, Buffalo Chicken Dip, and Crab Dip are just a few of our favorite quick and easy go-to appetizer recipes.
Why this recipe works
- Everyone loves this dip. It is just that good! I don’t think I have ever taken this anywhere that I did not come back with an empty dish. This is one of our favorite game-day appetizers.
- This scrumptious recipe is made in less than 10 minutes, complete with a beautiful array of toppings, leaving you plenty of time to visit with friends, family, and co-workers.
- Everything you need for this recipe can be picked up at your local grocery store. There aren’t any special techniques, so even the novice cook can handle this treat.
How to make Taco Dip
Using a hand mixer, blend the cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning together in a medium-sized bowl. Or stir the mixture with a sturdy wooden spoon. Then spread the cream cheese mixture in a 9-inch pie plate or an equivalent dish. Now layer with all of your personal taco favorites like shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, sliced black olives, diced tomatoes, and chopped green onions. Then sprinkle with thin slices of jalapeno peppers. Serve with tortilla chips, corn chips, celery sticks, carrot sticks, or cucumber rounds. Prepare up to several hours in advance to save yourself even more time.
- chopped iceberg lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- shredded cheese
- pickled jalapenos
- thinly sliced red onion
- chopped or torn cilantro
- thinly sliced jalapenos
- black olives
- chopped green pepper
- cooked and seasoned ground beef
How to choose mild Jalapeno Peppers
With just a little patience and understanding, you too can pick jalapeno peppers that are full of flavor without too much heat. Look for the younger peppers that are smooth, free of striations, and green all over. These young peppers are less stressed and milder. The red ones are older and hotter. Stay away from peppers with white lines and flecks, as these peppers are also older and taste hot. Take your sweet time picking the peppers.
More appetizer recipes you will love!
Easy Taco Dip
It is a fun, quick, and easy Taco Dip that comes together in less than ten minutes and is always a hit at parties, potlucks, and family reunions. For a low-carb option, serve with celery sticks, carrot sticks, or cucumber rounds. It always goes fast, so you might want to double the recipe using a 9×13-inch dish.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings
- Category: appetizer
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (1 ounce packet of taco seasoning)
- 1 cup finely shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar and monterey jack blend (see notes)
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes (see notes)
- 2 green onions sliced thin
- 1 small jalapeno sliced thin
- Using a mixer, blend the cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning together. Spread in a 9-inch pie plate or an equivalent dish.
- Top with lettuce, cheddar, Monterey jack, black olives, tomatoes, green onions, and jalapeno peppers.
- Grape tomatoes are always a good choice especially in the winter months.
- Any good taco or Mexican blend cheese will work
Keywords: cream cheese taco dip, easy taco dip, how to make taco dip