Refreshing Strawberry Lemonade is perfect for all your summer entertaining needs. With a handful of ingredients, a little advanced preparation and five minutes you can have a delicious cold thirst quencher for those hot summer days!!
Summer is almost here. The 4th of July is just weeks away. With summer comes so many great refreshing beverages. There is just something fabulous about fresh lemonades and teas especially ones made with some of natures tasty bounty. Have you tried my Fresh Peach Tea, Orange Mango Pineapple Smoothies or for the adults Pineapple Cherry Crush Cocktail? So many great choices and so little time!
Strawberries are abundant year round here but this time of year they seem to be particularly sweet and oh such a pretty shade of red. It is as if they are allowed to ripen on the plant longer before being picked. This Easy Lip Smacking Strawberry Lemonade is so simple and refreshing. It includes five ingredients and two of them are water and ice! I know what you are thinking! You got this covered right? If you make your simple syrup ahead of time you can put this together in a matter of minutes. You could literally do this entire recipe in less time than it takes to throw in a load of laundry making it the perfect party beverage.
This beautiful refreshing Easy Lip Smacking Strawberry Lemonade Recipe is the perfect balance of strawberries and lemons without being overly sweet or syrupy. Do you want to jazz it up a bit for your up coming patio party? Throw in a little vodka for the adults and you have a strawberry lemonade svedka. You can add sliced strawberries to jazz it up but it tastes great either way and looks gorgeous both ways.
How do you make Strawberry Lemonade?
It is so easy and really only takes about five minutes if you prepare your simple syrup in advance. To prepare your simple syrup heat the water and sugar over medium heat to a simmer. Stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves and let it fully cool.
Now Add your strawberries, lemon juice, and three cups of the cooled simple syrup to a blender and puree. Pour that mixture into a large pitcher. Stir in rest of the cooled simple syrup. For best results chill for 2-3 hours. Pour over ice and garnish with strawberries.
Helpful tips to make this Strawberry Lemonade epic!
- Make the water sugar mixture (aka simple syrup) in advance and chill well.
- I prefer to use fresh strawberries for this. Frozen strawberries can be used but they must be thawed completely.
- To garnish with strawberries simply slice the strawberry about halfway up the middle starting at the bottom and slide on the rim of the glass.
- Add ice only to the glasses and not the pitcher. You don’t want the delicious Strawberry Lemonade getting watered down.
So if you got five minutes and a handful of ingredients you can mix this Easy Lip Smacking Strawberry Lemonade right now. Go ahead and kick it up a bit! You have been working hard this week! Pour yourself a delicious glass of this Strawberry Lemonade Recipe and relax on the porch while you watch the sun go down!
Other delicious strawberry recipes you will love!!
- Strawberry Shortcake Recipe with Homemade Biscuits
- Strawberry Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce
- Fresh Creamy Strawberry Lush Cake
- Strawberry Slab Pie
This recipe was originally published May 13, 2018 and was republished June 6, 2019 with new content and modified recipe.Print
Easy Lip Smacking Strawberry Lemonade
Refreshing Strawberry Lemonade is perfect for all your summer entertaining needs. With just a handful of ingredients this is the best summer beverage.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: beverage
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: Southern
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lb fresh strawberries hulled and sliced (reserve 4 small strawberries for garnish)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Heat the water and sugar over medium heat to a simmer. Stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves. Let it fully cool before using.
- Add the strawberries, lemon juice, and three cups cooled water/sugar mixture to a blender and puree. Pour mixture into a large pitcher. Stir in rest of the water/sugar mixture. For best results chill for 2-3 hours. Pour over ice and garnish with strawberries.
Keywords: strawberry lemonade, lemonade, summer beverage, summer party food, beverage