This creamy mayonnaise based chicken salad comes together quickly using already baked rotisserie chicken. Seasoned simply with dill, salt and fresh ground black pepper this classic recipe comes together in less than ten minutes.
For a tasty lunch or light supper serve on a bed of lettuce, stuffed in a tomato, on a croissant or on a toasted english muffin. This is one of our favorite go to Saturday lunches complete with Creamy Pea Salad and Fresh Peach Tea.
How to make this Rotisserie Chicken Salad
Start by cutting the chicken and chopping the celery and green onions. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine. Then decide how you would like serve it. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.
How long does Chicken Salad last?
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days provided that the rotisserie chicken was fresh when you made it. Refrigerate promptly after removing any servings to ensure an almost constant chilled temperature.
What kind of chicken is best for this salad
You can use any kind of cooked chicken. I love rotisserie chicken in this recipe but you could use also used poached or baked. Both breasts and thighs work well for this recipe. Any cooked, chopped, cubed, or shredded chicken works well in this recipe.
- Fruit – add red or green grapes, tomatoes, dried cranberries, fresh pineapple, or apples.
- Nuts – add chopped pecans, walnuts, almonds, cashews, pistachios, or sunflower seeds.
- Protein – add chopped ham or bacon, cubed cheddar, Pepper Jack or Swiss cheese.
Other chicken recipes you will love!
- Chicken Fried Rice
- Mongolian Chicken
- Chicken a la King
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken
- Easy Chicken Fajitas
- Easy Chicken Tostadas
A quick and easy classic creamy mayonnaise based chicken salad made with already baked rotisserie chicken.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: lunch, salad
- Method: bowl and spoon
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups cooked rotisserie chicken diced
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large rib celery chopped
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried dill or 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce, stuffed in a tomato, on a croissant or on a toasted english muffin.
Keywords: how to make chicken salad, chicken salad recipe, rotisserie chicken salad, chicken salad sandwich